*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/541325-The-Ghost-Benefactor
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Adult · #541325
A benefactor helping the town's people eventhough he is dead.
In a town called Siler was this older man who had recently died.
However his ghost kept appearing on the front porch. The reason it was true the ghost did that was he left a box, shiny within the light, and inside of it were many things. Firs occrrance was with three little boys. They were talking about what they would do if they had $1,000.00 to help their parents out. Or even, $500.00. Looking down from them there was this shiny box. Invitingly, the children opened up the box. Inside there was found $1,000.00 plus a note. The note said: "Take $500.00 for yourself and give the other $500.00 to your friend. When you get it look toward the house and wave plus say: Thank you." The boys got the money but failed to look toward the house and say their thank yous. On their way home, the money had slipped out of their pockets. The parents, upon returning home, asked about what they had been up to. They told their parents about the box and the money. They looked for the money to be in their pockets only to discover it was gone. The wise dad of one of the guys had said let's back track and try to locate it.
In short, when they arrived back at the box, there inside was the money. The man asked the boys what the note said. They answered truthfully.
The man told the guys to wave toward the house and say thank you. They did and they took the money with them. There was a third boy with them actually at the time and he wanted a silver dollar coin minted in 1804. There was a shiny coin below the feet of the first two boys and had wanted to play a prank on the third. He was told to pick up the coin and put it in his pocket and say thank you toward the house. The ghost on the front porch wave back and that boy went home a rich kid. They found that the 1804 coin was in mint condition, yielding them, the boy and his parents thousands upon thousands of dollars.

There two men discussing their want for a laptop computer for their business. They saw the shiny box and opened the lid to find a note in there to the effect concerning about the laptop computers each of them wanted It gave directions as to where they could pick up the laptops and it was time before the store closed so they rushed over but not before they waved at the house and the ghost waved back to them. Getting to the store, the owner, saw the note they brought with them and told them to wait there while he went into the back. He came out with two brief cases. They looked at the other saying this is a brief case not a laptop like we wanted. He, the store owner, told them to look on the inside and there to their amazement were the laptops they wanted.
Other occurrances had happened before these two incidents but there was about to be a third.
There were two men who had went by the house and found the box after hearing of its notarity. They wanted to have a home for the homeless. Well, there was a note inside of the box, however, the lights in the house were now darkened. The ghost of the benefactor was not seen on the porch. They went up on the steps of the house on the porch there was a loose board. They took a look under the loose board to find a deed to the house they were instructed to get with a realtor and sell the house for as much as possible. They did so and were able to get the funds for the home for the homeless.
The ghost benefactor wasn't ever seen again.
He had given all he had to give and including his home.
This is a selfless story of one man can you imagine what it would if there were more like him?

© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/541325-The-Ghost-Benefactor