*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/547153-The-Drifting-Ghost-Ship-Again-Seen
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #547153
The continuing story of the drifting ghost ship as it is seen in VA.
When we last saw her in NC, Beaufort was the place. Since then, the ship stayed out of sight until it was spotted in Newport News, VA. There is the Navy base there. Moored outside the waters of the base she was seen. Some of the seamen got close to finally see the name of the ship. It is called, The Elizabeth Ann. The seamen returned back to base. The harbormaster tried to contact the ship with a surprise this time. The harbormaster, in his message, said:"Is anyone aboard your vessel if so respond." A voice of a rather young man answered: "Yes, Sir, a full crew, Sir." Never before with the other harbormasters had there been any answer.

This answered confirmed the seamen who saw the name. They had reported seeing some men on board. They were told they must have been mistaken for word traveled among the docks and harbormasters that The Elizabeth Ann was a ghost ship with no men on board. As always, its mission was to find its home port. Having gone to Newport News, VA it was believed that is where The Ellzabeth Ann had lost her crew. To the men on board the base it now looked to them that the men on board The Elizabeth Ann were ghosts.

Throughout the night, The Elizabeth Ann had her lights on as usual. This time men were seen aboard and on the stern. The next day it was gone from its location. It was seen heading in the direction of the Mississippi River. Other boaters saw the men still aboard. Waving little children caught the waves being returned back to them from one man--Martin Levy. The little history of Martin Levy revealed he had a family in the New Orleans area. Even his youngest son would be middle-aged. With Martin Levy, it was as if his youngest son was just an infant but no more than two years old. So it appears, with Martin Levy, The Elizabeth Ann is going to New Orleans.

NOTE: The story continues next when it reaches New Orleans, LA.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/547153-The-Drifting-Ghost-Ship-Again-Seen