*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/551505-The-Money-Box
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Adult · #551505
The story is about the ghosts who have a secret buried in the graveyard.
The town of Sugarloaf, a fictional town, is complete with a graveyard, all foggy and barren of plant life. Bill and Robert, two workers who had to walk past the graveyard everynight, were on their way to work when they spotted two ghosts John and Nancy Halsted; being scared out of their wits was something they had intended to be seeing this night. Audibly having approached Bill and Robert they disclosed a secret well kept in the graveyard known as Serenity Glen.

The two men were told by the ghosts of a money box. The money was theirs and was to be used for a specific purpose. That would be disclosed to Bill and Robert after they met the condition set by the Halsteds. The condition was to walk by the graveyard 35 times. Nights came to pass that the Halsteds went to Sugarloaf and were seen by the residents there. Being frightened of having the two ghosts come into town they were all uneasy. The two went to their home in Sugarloaf. Their spirits were at unrest and walked the earth. Bill and Robert were the only ones the ghosts communicated with. The reason was because they were honest, hard working men. The times now being completed John and Nancy Halsted disclosed the money box's location.

After digging up the money box, the men were told by the Holsteds to see to it the needy people get what they needed no matter the need. The men had done as they were instructed. The Halsteds were free then to lay to rest. Bill and Robert no longer saw the Halsteds as they passed by the graveyard on their way to work.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/551505-The-Money-Box