*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/547167-Bill-the-Ghost-Coyote-Rises-Again
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #547167
This continues the story of Bill, the ghost coyote.
In our first story, we talked about the friendship Bob and Bill, the coyote had in the beginning. We also talked about the sheriff of the town closest to them shot and killed the coyote, Bill. How he rose the next day and helped Bob with the herding of the sheep.

Three years has elapsed now since the first story. Bob went back to his ranch. Leaving Bill, the ghost coyote, where he laid to rest. Then one day, Bob felt a pain in the area of his heart. In his last breath, he called out the name of Bill. As if all the earth around him were just a grain of sand, Bill rose from the ground.
He was going to get to Bob.

Miles upon miles he traveled to find Bob, the herder. The sound of his voice kept ringing ever so clearly somehow in the ears of Bill, the ghost coyote. Surges of strength were added to Bill as he continued. The sound became distinct as he went down a dirt road. Intuitively, he was getting closer. Almost fired upon again by two teen-aged boys he disappeared from their sight.
Having got past the boys he went farther. Instincts took over the smell of Bob now became apparent.

he got to the house and scratched on the back door. He nuzzled the door open and went inside to find Bob's body was on the floor. Laying beside him, Bob, Bill remained. Spirits walk the earth we all know. That was true about Bob's spirit for it walked in the house. For in the kitchen, with Bill laying beside the body of Bob, Bob's spirit made itself known to Bill. Bill got up as if Bob had called him; followed him outside. Looking to the East the two spirits walked on to find a new place to be as they both walked teh road unabtrusively of any human seeing them.

NOTE: Next story to follow is when these two help a man who is being bullied by a stronger man.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/547167-Bill-the-Ghost-Coyote-Rises-Again