*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/568410-Color-My-World
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Romance/Love · #568410
Grab a crayon from your Crayola box and sit with me a spell, as we color a life together!
Color My World!
by Marilyn Mackenzie

Grab a crayon from your Crayola box and sit with me a spell, as we color a life together!

Simple colors are best, don't you think? Red, not "flaming fire" - just red. Red makes me feel cheerful and happy. I smile more when I wear red. Some would say I'm attracted to the color red because I'm an Aries, a fire sign, but I don't believe in such things. Rather, I think of the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, shed for us, and for our sins, so that we might live in Heaven. Let's color our world red, so we can remember the blood that Jesus shed for us. Let's let the color red remind us that Jesus died and rose again.

I also love the colors of yellow and orange. Both remind me of the sunshine, something that makes Ms. Merry Sunshine so happy and cheerful. I can't wear these colors without seeming to be very pale, indeed. But I love the various colors of yellow and oranges in the sunrises and sunsets. I love that some of my favorite flowers are dressed in golden hues. Let's color our world, at least partially, in golden tones and bright oranges, reminding us to smile and spread the joy of our Lord everywhere we go.

Grab a green crayon quickly and follow me! Shall we color part of our world the color of new mown grass or of emeralds shimmering brightly? The color green reminds me of growth, for green is the color of the stems of my favorite flowers. Without the stems, through which the nutrients flow, there wouldn't be any beautiful flower. Let's color part of our world in shades of green to remind us of the necessity of reading God's word, our necessary food for spiritual growth. Let there be many splashes of green, as we grow in the Lord together.

There are not enough shades of blue represented in our crayon box, or even in colors we can mix on an artist's palette, to compare with all the colors of blue in one of God's marvelous blue skies. Let's use blue to remind us of God's infinite power and His strength. Shouldn't a part of our world be colored with shades of blue?

And what of the regal color of purple, reminding us that our Lord is King of Kings? Our world must include this majestic reminder that we, indeed, are children of the King.

What have we here? Our world as it lies before us, colored with the various shades described, appears to be colored like a rainbow! Should we really be surprised? Heavens, no.

The rainbow reminds us of God's promises, and there are many for us to study and learn and embrace. Our life together will be as that rainbow, a promise and a gift from God.

Tuck those crayons away, my love. We'll need them to color our tomorrows, to remind us of our God up above as we share His love and ours. Painters are we now, but guided by the one true Artist's hand.

Better still, a new idea emerges. Shouldn't we be telling and showing others how they can color their own worlds with the colors of God?

Perhaps instead of painting the picture, we should write the words. Together, let's share what God has done for us! Together forever are we, in God's colorful world. Let's write about it! Let's sing a rainbow.
© Copyright 2002 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/568410-Color-My-World