*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/598123-LETTER-TO-MYSELF-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest · #598123
Outline for my life in 2003, this is a reminder letter!

January 1, 2003


Dear Me:

Looking ahead to this new year, I am both encouraged and hopeful that it will prove to be one of the most important years of my life.

I will become more involved with the Veterans History Project. This project is sponsored by the Library of Congress/American Folklife Center and is about preserving history for future generations. I am the State DAR Chairwoman, and I am looking for volunteers. There is a need to interview and record both audio and video experience of veterans. It will be both time-consuming and rewarding. This is to be completed by September 2003.

I will spend more time with my family. My goal is to cherish them now, and make new memories.
A family reunion is planned for the summer, by July.

I will download to disk some of my writing here at Writing.com. Then I will delete some of the items to make room for new work. My portfolio almost runneth over! This will be completed by January 15th.

I will continue doing contests and giving out gift points on both my Senior Center Forum and the Honoring Our Veterans Forum. The contest now running on the Senior Center Forum is called "A Better World". Authors can submit either poetry or a short story on what they can do to make this a better world. Prizes are fantastic, thanks to StoryMaster, who donated 250,000 gift points and told me to "have fun"! This contest will be closed on January 15th.

Organization will be a big thing for me this year.
I have almost a ton of papers which need to be categorized. I have purchased file cabinets and will start filling them. It is so much easier to find what I am looking for when papers are sorted.
This is to be completed by January 20, 2003.

Monty and I will co-publish another book through PaperTigers.com, a publishing company recommended by Writing.com. Our first book of poetry together, Flying Free, will be available January 7th. Our goal is to complete work on the second book by the end of June.

Oh, and lest I forget, since I will celebrate my 67th birthday on May 7th, I would like to listen to more music, pick more daisies; all the things Erma Bombeck said she would have done should she have the chance to live her life over.

I will start each day with a prayer of thanks for my blessings. They are many.

Writing.com, formerly Stories.com, has been one of my blessings. I feel that I have grown as a writer over the past two years. I will remember to occasionaly thank StoryMistress and StoryMaster for this wonderful website they have created.

These are some of the goals that I am aiming for this year. I will have, and make, my own happiness for this Happy New Year!

With patience, love and understanding,
I remain,

Me
© Copyright 2003 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/598123-LETTER-TO-MYSELF-Dear-Me