*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/607322-JUST-A-LITTLE-LOVE
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest · #607322
Written for {user:colinneilson} A LITTLE LOVE CONTEST

JUST A LITTLE LOVE

I always dreamed of finding someone who would be there for me, giving me just a little love and planning our future. I first met him in the summer, and we were drawn to each other. Soon we started dating, and the stage was set for an emotional roller coaster ride.

His hand touched my face in a soft caress. His eyes smiled and I was lost in the moment. There was no turning back, no second thoughts. I was his, completely and without question.

The love I felt for him continued to grow during the early weeks of September. We were happy, walking together through a field, listening to the birds sing, finding a stream and sitting on the rocks beside it, lost in each other. If I close my eyes, I can still see him sitting there, watching the water tumble over the rocks and move swiftly down the stream. He pulled me close to him, and whispered that he loved me.

In the early evening hours, we made love. He was sweet and passionate, telling me over and over it would be all right, he would take care of me.
We held each other and promised that we would never part.

I am not sure when it started to change, but change it did, and when I discovered I was with child, I called him - only to have him say "What do you want from me?" I could not believe my ears. He suggested an abortion, but I didn't believe in that. With or without him, I would have this baby and I would love it. I knew it wasn't going to be easy alone, but with a little backbone, courage, and a willingness to work I would be all right.

The months passed, with me working two jobs for as long as I could. I saved as much as possible, knowing that after the baby was born, there would not be an income for awhile.

In early June, my little girl was born. She was a beautiful baby, and I have never had a regret that I chose to keep her. As I watched her sleeping in her crib, I thought about how much he was missing. His choice was to walk away, and I'd heard that he moved out of town and had gotten married. I never heard from him again.


Would I recommend this course of action to others?
Each person has to decide for themselves what to do. As for me, I am so very glad I have chosen to accept the responsibility of just a little love.

My heart is full, and I made the right choice for me. Today my little baby girl is grown, married and with children of her own. She knows and understands what happened between her father and me. "It is his loss" was all she said. Her hand touches my face in a soft caress, and I am lost in the moment.


© Copyright 2003 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/607322-JUST-A-LITTLE-LOVE