*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/631339-Are-Corporations-sinking-in-Quicksand
Rated: E · Article · Business · #631339
Corporate America is squeezing the life out of their workers
work in progress

Is Corporate America squeezing the life out of us?

Corporate America, big or small, the bottom line is profit. Mom and Pop operations are becoming a thing of the past. Gone are the days of earning an honest buck for an honest day’s work. Recognition for a job well done is almost unheard of today in the busy, goal oriented stream of today’s corporate headquarters. What happened to loyalty, respect, honor and appreciation for longevity, experience and dedication?

Look at the corruption of the leaders of our industries. The corporate greed is leading to the destruction of business empires. The executives, CEO’s, presidents and VP’s, all people at the top who are supposed to protect the company, are now making headlines in the news daily, hiding assets, padding their own pocketbooks, covering up underhanded unethical business practices, creating bankruptcies and affecting thousands of families, those of their own employees. The six figure plus salary they acquire, I choke to use the word earn, is ample enough for them to invest, save and protect themselves from total financial ruin if they are careful planners. Unlike the paycheck to paycheck workers, who are in a panic if they miss a single day’s work, let alone have their job yanked away from them due to the actions of the corporate officers. How can a business allow the actions of one or more persons of authority to get so deeply corrupt? How can this be overlooked? Where are the company auditors, do people turn their heads to protect their own jobs? I would like to see a profile of the men and/or women who are responsible for the corruption and downfall of these enterprises. Did they move to the top too fast, start to live above their means? Were they too busy trying to find tax shelters they forgot to check the bottom line?

The practices of letting dedicated long time workers go, replacing them with inexperienced, cheaper workers seems to be a move in the wrong direction to me. Is this really a cost-effective method to corporate survival? Do they account for the training and errors made by new employees? High turnover and retraining. They call this restructuring?

Can we understand the rationalization of letting people go that are on the ground floor, the true heartbeat of the company, the people that do the day-to-day operations who know the customer base, in order to recruit a new Sales VP or bring in a new Chief Financial Officer? Officers, with no background in the Industry in which they are recruited, stepping in and making decisions without the knowledge of first-hand experience.

How many American jobs are being lost due to outsourcing to other countries? How can it lower cost when you include cost of shipping? What incentives or tax breaks is our government giving these conglomerates? Shouldn't our own government be doing more to save American jobs? Can lower labor costs guarantee quality and pride in work?

(degrees)-are all businesses run the same?

(employee moral)-is this a lost art?

(threats)-you dont like it, there's plenty around who would love your job

(sexual harassment)-look the other way

(Corporate America vs the American Dream)-who's winning

(Executive Officers) lets vote the next one in the democratic way, would they get your vote?

(Business values) where are the value based (morals and principals) companies?



© Copyright 2003 quietstorm (quietstorm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/631339-Are-Corporations-sinking-in-Quicksand