*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/662666-The-Question
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #662666
What does he really want from her?
         Peering around the corner, he watched as she strode by, oblivious to his presence. He knew her well, though she hardly knew him. She moved with a grace and confidence that screamed for his attention. Her blond hair was up in its customary bun for the work of the day. At night, he knew, she let it down and the beautiful golden mane reached to the middle of her back. He had drowned long ago, in the depths of her ocean blue eyes. Her skin was lightly tanned, and he often wondered if it was softer than silk.

         "Soon," he mumbled under his breath. "So very soon. Then, I will know just how soft your skin is my sweet."

         Today, the day he would finally know the answer, she had worn for him a little black dress that fit her tightly above her waist and loosely reached short of her knees. The dress accentuated her goddess-like features and forced his dark eyes to wander the length of her succulent body. He was tempted to go after her now but it wasn't the right time. Too many people would see. He had to do it tonight. When the building would be nearly empty. He would have his chance then.

         "Soon."

         As she reached the doors of the building where they both worked, he stepped out of the shadows and quickly caught up to her just enough as not to lose sight of her. He caught a glimpse of himself in his black slacks, black, long-sleeve shirt and black tennis shoes, as he passed through the sliding glass doors.

         He followed her luscious legs up several flights of stairs to the floor where they worked. He allowed his eyes to creep up the length of her legs and catch a peak of what she wore underneath her dress only occasionally, since he didn't want to be caught staring. Even though there was no need to peak. He would get all he wanted from her tonight. He dared to follow her ever more closely, now that they were both in an area where no one would be wondering why he was near her.

         In one smooth motion, she slipped into her chair and rolled it behind her desk like she always did when she reached her cubicle. He continued around to the other side where his cubicle sat diagonally from hers. After seating himself and logging into the computer system, he peered through the crack he had created one night long ago, in order to have a clear view of her while they worked. It was small enough that no one, including her, had noticed it. But it was adequate enough for him to be able to watch her every move.

         He spent a few minutes just watching her before actually setting to work on what he needed to get done today to keep from being suspicious, but he always made sure to glance through the crack every now and then to remind him of what tonight would bring.

         He found himself absorbing her beauty more often than he had intended, but that couldn't be helped. She was his temptress and tonight he would answer her silent siren's call. Tonight, he would finally know the answer to the question that had burned in his mind for so long.

         The time went by slowly for him. Though, he spent most of it staring through the crack. During their lunch hour he had followed her to the cafeteria like he always did. He sat several tables away and watched her eat her lite lunch. She always ate so healthy, which helped to keep her slim and beautiful. He had begun to mimic her eating habits, making him stronger and healthier as well. After lunch, he hurried back to his desk, so as to make sure that he didn't seem to be following her to anyone that might be watching.

         The day slithered by, yet he almost didn't care. It was more time he spent watching her every graceful move. Every stroke of her soft hair. Every adjustment of her pantyhose. What thrilled him the most, however, was when she would do her stretches. She would make sure no one was looking, but he was, and she would bend and stretch, and this allowed him to see her body quite well, and she never knew he was watching.

         Five O'clock finally rolled around, and the majority of the people in the office were gone only a second after. She was still there, and so was he, still watching her through the crack. Just as he had planned, she was going to work late tonight. Everything was going exactly how he had envisioned.

         Everything was right. They were the only two left on the floor and he doubted she even knew he was there. He just waited and watched as she finished up the work she had obviously thought was so important that it couldn't wait for later. If only she knew that she was playing right into his hands.

         Most of the lights were out and all that could be heard was the cleaning crews on the other floors. She sighed, as she finally rose from her desk. To his delight, she did a few stretches before stepping from her cubicle. He followed behind her, being very careful not to make a sound.

         She made her way into the break room where there were several candy and soda machines. She went to one of them as he slipped in the room behind her. She was preoccupied with making a selection as he carefully maneuvered directly behind her. He reached out slowly for her arm. Just as he lightly touched her arm she turned around and his hand landed on her breast.

         "Pervert," she exclaimed before smacking him across the face.

         She stormed out of the room as he stood there in what seemed a confused haze. A smile suddenly crossed his face as his hand touched where her hand had stung him.

         "It is," he seemed surprised and delighted at the same time. "It really is softer than silk."
© Copyright 2003 Casper is broken (darman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/662666-The-Question