*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/672288-Can-You-See-Me
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #672288
I want happiness but I can't find it.
Can You See Me 

Watch me from a window, shut me out of your life.
Never know my happy side when I'm most alive.

I feel the warm sun on my face as I hold my head up high. I take a deep breath and fill myself up with life. 

And you watch me from a window... I smile. 

Excitment is everywhere, beyond my reach. I want to be part of it. I am something more with more to offer. I want to share. 

And you watch me from a window... I fall but I still smile. 

I look around to see my world, green grass and flowers, leaves blowing in the trees and four fenced walls keeping me in. 

And you watch me from a window.... my smile is gone. 

I have taken it all in, there is nothing left. I have to break down a wall, I need more. I have no strength. I begin to cry and wither away. 

And you watch me from a window...I fall again and I can't get up. 

The sun has gone away, the leaves have all fallen, the grass is brown and dry and the birds have stopped singing. I'm shrinking and slowing fading away. I look up one last time to see you 

Watching from a window...but you can't see me, I have gone away.
© Copyright 2003 melgansis (melissah28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/672288-Can-You-See-Me