*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/682422-I
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #682422
An internally rhyming poem regarding my innate introversion and the image that I project.
I…

Like a broken TV without audio-
         all visual-
I have the usual feeling that I’m seeing-
         not hearing-
Watching not doing, and sealing a fate of a quiet existence.
Missing the opportunity, paying a penance for the incredible inability to fully speak vocally-
         Hence I am guilty, of not asserting the truth.
I…
         might not like you, but I won’t tell you, till an aggressive outburst explodes like a Plath “ach du.”
I…
         probably won’t mention the tension that follows my suspicion that you don’t like me and it might delight me to humor and subdue you.
Mute on.


Like a nineteenth century woman of the Bourgeoisie, intellectually holding tea parties and snobily asserting superiority with nothing to back it up.
People see me as made up cause I don’t always speak up, usually quietly immersed in a selfish soliloquy, yet still holding my chin up.
The epitome of misunderstood, my identity is tied up with my history-
         my pseudo-nuclear family taught me neutrality regarding aversion-
so believe me sincerely when I tell you truthfully that I most certainly like you.
I…
         am brimming with morality, yet both vulgarity and virginity equally dispersed within me.
I…
         make an apology for my vocal depravity and the subsequent ambiguity that I project to the world.
Mute off.


Like a perpetually flashing alarm clock, beeping and screaming the coming time, but playing the mime, because the volume is off-
         I wake no one.
Making Bacardi induced attempts to speak up-
         to slow up the thinking and speed up the speaking-
Arbitrarily trying till the sobering weakens my verbal resolve-
         such a problem to solve.
I…
         don’t raise my hand and I won’t make a stand, lest I should command reprimand or land myself in the unblest position of a protest exhibition and a subsequent first hand arrest.
I…
         am diseased with emotional hepatitis and chronic laryngitis, grateful for a pen and a lack of arthritis, my brain fully inflamed with intellectual encephalitis- yet none of this matters due to increased tonsillitis.
I’ve come unplugged.
© Copyright 2003 Skyreeta (skyreeta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/682422-I