*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/736538-Place-of-Inspiration
by Echo
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #736538
A short description of my favourite place in the world. Please review!
This is the core of spirituality. Where the earth dares to whisper secrets to a small inhabitant, sitting awe-struck amongst the tumbled rocks. It is too sacred to spoil with a sound, with a vulgar thought of the world below. Only the gentle caress of life touches the eardrums. Breathe it.
The air is light, dry and scribbled with the warmth of sun overhead. Blue reaches across mighty heavens and its stare bakes dusty surroundings. But nothing can interrupt the enchantment, hypnotising mere mortals with the essence of peace.
Out there, far beneath is the busyness of everyday life, captured in the torture of time. It cannot be seen from this altitude – reality is camouflaged with sandy tracks and tall grasses; trees, boulders, shaded valleys are esteemed by swooning nature. And distant giants, curved to perfection tell ancient tales as they roll into each other, spreading their mirth in silhouette below them.
Humanity was born here, in the heart of the earth. Feel the pulse. Become part of the mountain as it reveals a special hymn, a promise, an understanding at last of the greater world. The echoes of past battles still remain in overgrown forts and ancestors haunt from times long forgotten.
It is impossible to escape unchanged from this consecrated wonder. The meagre individual still perches, breath scarce when human thoughts eventually invade. She daren’t speak, frightened that the sweet bewitchment will evaporate. Then a smile touches her eyes for she knows now that there is no escaping the mountain. She will again fall victim to its seduction.

© Copyright 2003 Echo (jazziedreamz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/736538-Place-of-Inspiration