*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/746853-Joe-and-Tina
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gwen
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Romance/Love · #746853
Joe and Tina
Joe and Tina
Joe was smiling as he hung up the phone. He was sitting at his desk in the study, and he rocked back and folded his hands behind his head. It would be a good night. He would be with Sarah for a few stolen hours. He needed her so much. She was like a drug that he couldn’t be without for long. It wasn’t just the sex, which was unbelievable. But there was something else there that he couldn’t explain. He’d always felt an emotional need that had never been met. A sort of hunger deep in his being that had never been fed. Sarah fed that hunger. When they were together he felt complete. They could be doing anything. Taking a walk. Watching a movie. Oh, how he loved cuddling with her to watch a movie, her feet on his lap. Tickling her toes, cupping her smooth calves in the palm of his hand. Just being near enough to touch her was heaven. His playful hands would begin moving on her body, and soon she’d look at him with a need as great as his own shining in her eyes. She was really something. That look in her eyes made him want to give her everything.

His thoughts were interrupted by loud voices outside his study.

“Mom, please!!”

“Goddamn it! Why do you always have to be so difficult, Tina? Wear what you fucking want! Why should I care! You’re a goddamn slob! I waste my time with you .”

The Witch was home.

Tina came in his study door, tears swimming in her eyes. “Daddy, do I look like a slob?’

Joe stood up and walked around his desk, and gathered his daughter in his arms. “Baby, you look like a doll. You couldn’t look like a slob if you dressed in a potato sack. The potato sack would be singing praises to you.”

In truth, Joe didn’t particularly like the black baggy shirt and pants that were hanging on his daughters slim form. But, that’s how the kids dressed these days. Dark and brooding without style. He loved Tina enough to let her express herself in her own way. As long as she didn’t go crazy, with tattoo’s and piercing all over the place, it was all good with him.

Why didn’t The Witch just let it go. Couldn’t she remember those horrible polyester shirts and platform shoes she and he had worn back in the days before she became The Witch? Before he made the mistake of making her his wife.

Tina stroked her dad's cheek with a soft pale hand that had black painted fingernails. “Thanks, Daddy” she whispered, and disappeared through the door.

Joe was overcome with love for his precious daughter. She was growing up so fast. He wondered again, if The Witch was scarring her for life, with the constant screaming and cursing and degrading. How had he lost control? When was the moment when things went from not bad to god awful? He couldn’t remember the moment. He’d been sleeping at the wheel, and allowed things to get out of hand. Now it was too late to salvage and he had to make sure he was making up the difference to Tina. The Witch had horrible maternal skills.

He thought of Sarah. He couldn’t let her get out of control. As long as he kept a firm hand and demanded she toe the line, then things wouldn’t get god awful with her. He’d have to impress on her again the importance of carrying that cell phone and being where she‘s supposed to be. Not going off on her own without his okay. That was the key. He’d let The Witch run wild. He wouldn’t make the same mistake with Sarah. He would make her understand that it was up to him to take care of her and keep her safe. She would have to listen to him and do as he told her to. It was the only way it could be. He’d have to make her understand.
© Copyright 2003 Gwen (gzocco at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/746853-Joe-and-Tina