*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/753124-One-Lonely-Night-Chapter-Two
by gloria
Rated: GC · Short Story · Adult · #753124
A continuation of "One Lonely Night"
Jo woke the next morning smiling to herself at the events of the night before. Stretching; she imagined him smiling to himself in just the same way.
His name was Keith and he was a writer of poetry and short stories. Jo could hardly wait until the house was empty so she could spend some time at her computer reading some of his work.

She spent most of her day working in her flowers and trimming back some of the landscape bushes around her house. It was hard work, but something she enjoyed and her yard and flower garden were beautiful. She was dripping with perspiration and ready for a break when the sun was just beginning to burn her already tanned skin.

"It's time to go inside and cool off." she said to herself.

"Maybe Keith will have left me a message." she was hoping as she booted up her computer.

Settling into her chair and sipping a soft drink, she opened up her messenger and was delighted to see he had sent her a note asking her how her day was. His smily face beside his name was dark and she was a little disappointed that she had missed him. She sent him a reply and told him she was doing well and asked him how he was too. As soon as she closed the window she was surprised to see an answer from him on her screen.

"You ARE here," she squealed to the screen and her delight was obvious.

She hadn't expected him to be home, but this was a very pleasant surprise.

For the next couple hours they talked and chatted and asked and answered question after question. He was a very interesting man and answered every question Jo threw at him and came back with questions of his own. No subject was off limits as they got to know every detail of each other lives.

Keith was recently divorced and still hurting badly from the promises made and broken. His kids were grown and living lives of their own and his world was a little too lonely to suit him; but he wasn't ready to start a new relationship. The hurt was still too raw and fresh.

Jo's world was a busy one and far from lonely. With her kids popping in and out all the time and her work at the store; she didn't have a lot of time to do the things she loved.

Although her life was busy; she longed for things to be different. The nights alone were the worst; and so she turned to the computer and to chatting to help make her world more bearable.

She had a few friends that she talked and joked with. Keith was fast becoming a very important person in her life. His quiet wit and sweet smile were capturing her heart and she found herself thinking about him every waking hour.

This special man who could make her laugh at the silliest things was becoming very important to her and Jo was falling in love for the first time in many years.




 One Lonely Night-Chapter One  [GC]
a woman looks for someone and finds so much more in one chance meeting
by gloria

 One Lonely Night-Chapter Two  [GC]
A continuation of "One Lonely Night"
by gloria

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor
© Copyright 2003 gloria (gloriajo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/753124-One-Lonely-Night-Chapter-Two