*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/786869-Weight-Loss-Made-Simple
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #786869
I won 1000 GP's with this from The Anecdotal Arms!
Several years ago I had to have some minor knee surgery (torn meniscus). The surgeon, prior to the operation, suggested that unless I lose 100 lbs I was going to have bigger problems with my knees and other joints in the future. The surgery came and went.

It was successful.

At the follow up visit when the doctor entered the room and asked how I was doing, I responded, "Great! I took your advice and lost 100 lbs." Since it had only been about three weeks since he suggested it, and I looked the same, he gave me a puzzled look. I said, "It's like this, Doc. After the surgery, when we got home, our youngest son was standing in the kitchen. I said to him, 'Michael, how much do you weigh?' He responded, '106 lbs.' I said, pack your bags, you're outa here!"

At this point the tears were rolling down the doc's face. That's when I delivered the final blow.

"Then I realized doc, I was six lbs to the good, so I ordered pizza."

The good doc had to leave the room.

Postscript:

In case you're wondering, it took several years but this August I got serious about my weight. Since then I've lost 25lbs. This time next year I should fulfill the Doc's wish that I REALLY lose 100lbs.

My son will be happy. He can move back in then.

© Copyright 2003 Rasputin (joeumholtz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/786869-Weight-Loss-Made-Simple