*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/814245-Fashion-Rant
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Editorial · Other · #814245
Dennis Miller like rant. Completely original. Sorry kids, its got swearing.
Is it just me or has the American culture gone completely fucking insane? I was gonna buy some clothes the other day because I had literally no pants in my possession and of course I was dragged into the usual conformist stores. At 3 separate stores I saw them selling “Destroyed Jeans”. These were jeans that were faded, then ripped to shreds. Now here is the killer, they were $70! How the fuck can you charge that much for jeans that have had the shit ripped out of them already? Somehow these bastards managed it, and make enough money off of them to keep it on the shelves. Now only America could make a quality product and beat the hell out of it until it looks worn and charge $69.50. Why not just got to a fucking second hand store or cruise for a garage sale and get the same thing for 1/14th of the price? Somehow I managed to find quality jeans for $5, and these were new! If I wanted to be an assface and pretend that I was heavy duty into things like skating that would rip them, you know what I would do? Get shitty jeans for next to nothing and spend about another $3 on a pair of scissors at Walgreens. Then I have saved $62 dollars! Then I can keep buying shit jeans and fucking them up for only 5 dollars each, I only need one pair of scissors! Either that or stop being such a douche and actually get off your ass and make your pants rip while you are doing something! Goddamn, how can you live with yourself paying so much to conform? In many foreign countries people would literally kill to get that sort of money. In Mali the per capita income is $250, therefore if you took my advice once a year and sent your money to a family living there then that would be almost a 25% raise for them. But no, you must be overcome with the urge to fit in. How can people get away with this, it is completely outrageous!
© Copyright 2004 Luke Shawburke (troyponce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/814245-Fashion-Rant