*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/814812-Sinful-Chocolate
by Diane
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #814812
A chocolate bar's most romantic day.
Today started out as any day in the supermarket. I was sitting on the shelf, watching the heart shaped boxes disappear. They were fine as neighbors, but they moved quickly this time of year. I hardly had time to get acquainted before they were whisked away by a shopper. My fellow chocolate bars were tired of talking to me. They were a disgruntled bunch, having been on the shelf for several weeks without purchase.

I didn't mind waiting. I knew that something special was in store for me. The perfect shopper was out there somewhere. He wouldn't buy me to gobble up in one sitting, no...he'd share me with that special someone over time. I didn't travel all the way from Switzerland to be stuffed into some greedy child's mouth and wiped from his chin along with the drool. I was special. Valentines Day was perfect for my purchase, I just had to wait for my shopper to arrive.

I didn't have to wait long. Around noon, Todd picked me up and dropped me into his shopping basket along with some roses and other assorted items. I trembled with excitement, shaking the roses so much they began to loose petals.

"Hey down there...cut it out! We have to last longer than the trip to the cash register!" the roses shouted.

"Sorry, I've been waiting for this moment all my life. I can't believe this is happening." I yelled back.

"Well it's not going to happen if you shake the basket right out of his hand, so sit still." the roses replied.

I listened to the roses and was still until we arrived home. The anticipation was overwhelming. What would he do with me? Would I be dipped on strawberries and fed to her one by one? Would I be melted down for the ending to a perfect fondue dinner? Perhaps he would drizzle me on top of her favorite cake? The possibilities seemed endless.

Later that night, Todd pulled out the candy thermometer and a pot. I knew it! I was to be melted! While waiting on the counter, I saw the roses sitting on the countertop. They weren't in a vase. Instead, they were floating in water filled with ice cubes. They seemed a bit chilly but unharmed. While I waited to be melted Todd took out a sparkling crystal vase and filled it with water. He transferred the roses to the vase taking care not to bruise the petals. After they were arranged, he took them from the room.

I wondered where they went but didn't have time to dwell on it as Todd soon came back and began peeling my wrapper away. He broke me into pieces and slid me into the pan. Ooh, the warmth was divine. I started pooling at the bottom of the pan as Todd added more and more of me to the mix. As I warmed, my solid shape gave way to a velvet smooth chocolate liquid. He allowed me to heat a little longer so that I could hold my liquid state. It was pure bliss.

I hadn't anticipated what was to come next. Todd poured me into a ceramic container, also warmed and carried me into the next room. The roses were on the bedside table, some of their petals had been tossed onto the bed. Emily was waiting for Todd in the middle of the petals with a paintbrush in hand.

"Are you ready for this?" asked Todd.

"I've been waiting for hours. The anticipation is killing me. " Emily replied.

Todd set my container on the bedside table and climbed into bed with Emily. He picked up her hair and kissed her on the neck. She ran the paintbrush in circles on his back while his kisses trailed her shoulder.

"Mmmm, baby...shouldn't we use the chocolate before it hardens?" Emily asked.

Todd chuckled, "I knew you were just using me to get to the chocolate." He turned and took the paintbrush from her hand. "Who first?" he asked.

"Do you even have to ask?" Emily giggled and grabbed the paintbrush while gently pushing Todd down on the bed. She dipped her brush into me and started painting on Todd's chest.

"What are you writing?" Todd asked.

"Figure it out." Emily responded. She put the paintbrush back into my container and began tracing the words with her tongue.

"Okay, it says....I....mmmmm....love.....chocolate?" Todd laughed and pulled Emily close to kiss the remaining chocolate from her lips.

Meanwhile, I made friends with the paintbrush. We visited throughout the evening while Todd and Emily were busy elsewhere.
© Copyright 2004 Diane (sgambill72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/814812-Sinful-Chocolate