*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/823027-Portals-ch1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #823027
Portals to different planes of existance
It all started last week I think. It was your average nonchalant nothing going on afternoon.
Then it started, just as the west wind kicked in and peculiar whispers started to echo in the distance. Then he appeared just out of nowhere. It was as if someone just mashed together the particles of whirling air and formed it into a little man. He was just the strangest sort of man you could have imagined. His face was of an orange color and seemed to give of a sort of pale glow. His eyes were like a pair of sapphires sparkling so brightly that if one did not see them in the man’s possession, they would be sure to pluck them out. He was dressed in a red satin overcoat and trousers, and a cloak that seemed to hang over him like a cloth on a table. He was altogether flawless, and yet peculiar.
As soon as I saw the man, I rubbed my eyes just too make sure I hadn’t dosed off. For the school magistrate would as soon as had my head had I done so, Consequently when I had rubbed them, low and behold to my surprise he was still there. He seemed to be chasing in circles with his hand on his head as if he was searching for something.
Me being the curious sort and always looking for a chance to dodge work, and skip classes, looked for and opportunity to approach the little man and ask him what he was doing. To get away I did what every young schoolboy would do, I simply asked to go to the bathroom. As soon as I had received permission, I walked toward its direction and as soon as they’re back were turned, darted for the little man.
I was going so fast that I lost my control of friction and bumped right into him.
In which he responded “ of all stupid rude underclass boys I have met you have to be the dumbest.”
In which I responded “I’m sorry sir but I just came to ask you what you were doing”.
“What does it look I’m doing stupid, looking for my keys”
“Keys sir,” I replied with an inquisitive look upon my face
“Yes my boy, keys. You know the sort you open doors with” he answered with an almost accusing look in his eye. After that reply, I politely asked if I could be of service in which the man responded “sure, if you can find the bloody things.”
And with that I started looking and scanning the ground for the man’s keys, I was there down on my hands and knees about three minutes when I struck upon a very peculiar looking object. It was of a transparent purple color and seemed to give off a mysterious foreboding glow that radiated from its center. Naturally I picked it up for further examination. Upon a closer look I could see it was of a triangular shape and had a handle attached to it, covered with snake like scales. The man grabbed my shoulder in amazement. “You found it, you found it,” he replied jumping up and down like he had just been sprinkled with fairy dust.
“Found what?” I replied with a puzzled look
“The key, the key, you found the key you silly boy” hey exclaimed while patting me on the back in a grateful gesture.
“The Key, it doesn’t look like any key I’ve seen,” said I with almost a sarcastic tone of voice.
“Of course you haven’t it’s an interplanar transdemensional key”
Ok, repeat that and in plain English this time,’ I responded with a rather odd look upon my brow.
Oh never mind, you wouldn’t get it, anyway its time that I get going,” he spurt out a few seconds before saying “infernal effigies these humans are” under his breath.
With that he took the strange device in hand twisted the handle and began to mutter some strange words in an odd language. Then the top of the key started to glow brighter and brighter shutting on off in a binary like fashion.
Then a sudden chilling wind filled the atmosphere, and two rather ominous looking clouds came down and started glowing in the same fashion and color of the key.
After about two minutes or so the clouds parted and a small twister appeared.
Then the little man made a slight bow and proceeded into the twister.
At first I thought it would rip him to shreds, but it instead lifted him calmly into the air and out of sight. I still curious and not satisfied with the answer he had given me blindly proceeded and was engulfed by the small storm.
Their I was whirling and churning like egg yolks in a mixer, my head in a whirl, about to scream but couldn’t. At first I thought I would be sick, but just then it stopped and I found my self in a strange atmospheric environment.
The sky was of a luminesing yellow color, dimmed only by the anorexicly thin dark clouds that covered it. There I stood in mid air, the wind carrying me slowly but surely to the colorless glass like ground below. The ground itself was covered with odd shaped triangular buildings of different colors scattered all about, all having the same radiating glow as the key.
After a few seconds of admiring the mysterious vast array of landscape before me I landed.


© Copyright 2004 Lexington Curusoe (blackcloak66 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/823027-Portals-ch1