*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949001-mythos
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Novel · Sci-fi · #949001
sci fi, fantasy




Chapter I


“This is your body” an old craggily faced man with a relaxed expression across his face said, speaking in the direction of the back corner of the workshop in which he was busily at work.
It was quite a fine work shop a little aged looking but a fine quiet place to be if you wanted to be alone and undisturbed while you were faithfully hard at work or study, what ever the case might be.
`It was rather large and had several work tables and benches scattered neatly and orderly throughout it. The tables all set there in nice neat little rows with not a single one of them being an inch out of step with the others. They were also were neat and orderly with not even a speck of dusk visible on there cracked but shiny surfaces.
It was plain to see that the occupant who worked there took time out of his day to make sure the place was presentable.
It was not a bright place but dim, not dim to where you could not see much of anything, but a peaceful sort of dim, one that you could easily read a book by. It was lit with several candles, that were set three to each bench; two at both ends, and one in the middle. They were also all accurately measured so they would all be stationed at equal distances from one another.
The man he was speaking to was stationed in the left back corner of the place. His head was tilted slightly downward and he had somewhat of a sleepy expression across his face. He was quite an interesting chap and seemed to glisten like diamonds, as the light from the candles hit his transparent, crystal like body. He was of normal height and wore a transparent colored shirt, and a long cloak that looked as if it was composed of darkly tinted glass.
As the old man spoke, the man in the corner tilted his head up to face the him. As he did so, he observed him to be busily at work on an interesting heap of materials right in front of him that resembled a humanoid body.
The heap he was working on was nicely set on an old looking work table which stood right next to the window.
I know you are probably sitting in your warm soft comfortable chairs at home thinking what could be so special about this workshop, besides the possibility that it could be one that has been designated to create manikins.
My dear friends this is much more than a mere work shop. This shop is special and the objects that some of you may have perceived to be manikins are nothing of the sort, besides there humanoid form. They are, as you will soon come to know, something much more wonderful
This shop has been hand chosen and designated for the creation of bodies for beings that have been selected for an important task that they must fulfill. Each of these beings are being aloud a chance to prove there worth to the grand ruler of the country.
I know at this moment you maybe inquiring what country they are from, and what the task is that they have to fulfill. Well , just hold on one moment and I will tell you. The country they are from is not an ordinary country, as many of my readers might suspect, but a very unusual one. This country is not on earth at all, but is all together on a separate plane.
A plane is another world and another universe altogether, consequently that being the case you can only reach it by crossing dimensions, or by focusing the energy inside yourself out of your world in which you live in.
`The method of which you do this is called astral projection, and it is a method that can only be accomplished by a select few. This is due to the amount of focus that is required from it. This method if done correctly can be a very enlightening experience, but it is now however sadly time to move on and let you mind feast upon what have already said concerning this method. The reason for this is that it would take hours and maybe even days for me to explain it thoroughly. Still even if I had taken the time, many of you still would fail to grasp the concept fully, so let me continue on.
The country of which I speak resides in the plane known as Cragnoth, and it is a very lovely place in which to live . There are many beautifully luscious gardens where you can sit for hours admiring its beauty and feel like it has been only a few minutes. This is a place where thousands of species of plant and animal life thrive in its proud, mysteriously, dense forests. It is also a place where important things happen, things that greatly affect the other planes surrounding it.
Its is also a plane that has now however recently come under a great threat. A threat that is now at this moment creeping slowly but surely into the heart of the capital of this land.
To stop this threat the old man in the shop I have just mention has been given the task of sending one of its inhabitants to earth temporarily.
The one he must send is the chosen son of its grand ruler. The reason for this is that only he can save its empire from collapse. He is however at this time unready and inexperienced. This is one of the reasons he is being sent to earth. The other reason is for his safety.
Why must he go to earth for his safety? The reason is that earth is looked upon the other planes as a joke, and is the most unsuspected of places to look for a chosen messiah.
The body he working on is one of several, but this one in particular is special. This is because it is to be the body the chosen heir will use when he returns from his long journey.
Well enough back sorry, I believe it is now time to move back to our current place in time, that being the case lets proceed back to the conversation between the old man and our mysterious messiah.
As the heir lifted his head up visible sings of nervousness were plainly marked about his delicately featured face, from the odd expression on his lips to the deep set eyebrows, slanting in opposite directions. These signs made it obvious that he was not completely optimistic about his oncoming journey ahead.
“Are you sure you want me to go through with this” he said looking cautiously at the old man working in front of the table, as his eyebrows continued to twitch crookedly.
“Why yes, that is if you want you and you plane to survive” the old man said looking suspiciously at him.
“Fine I’ll go but I can’t help but feel little nervous, after all I am being sent to earth a place were the inhabitant are all very primitive, and rage wars against there own people over petty disputes”
“Yes, yes I understand, but this is the safest place we can send you to. You very well this the least suspecting place to look, since he will probably be looking in all the others”
“I understand” he responded reluctantly.
“Well its now or never I suppose, lets do it” he said still nervous, but wanting to get it over with as soon as possible
“Ok” the old man said scratching the few hairs he still had, on the top of his large, aged, dome of a head” well I have selected a host for you to travel in.
“A host, what do you mean?”
“Well you have to have some means of physical transport, considering you can only travel planes though astral projecting.“
“Yes, so what does that have to do with anything? Why does there have to be a host?”
“The answer to that is simple. The reason is that once there you will have no physically bodily means in which to walk around, that being the case you will have neither the means nor necessities to carry out your duties there.”
“What do you mean duties? I thought I was just going there for safety”
“Hush, hush, you will know once you get there” the old man said soothingly.”
“Ok, who will my host be?”
“a boy. He is about four years old. I think he should be an adequate source of transport for for your necessities there on earth”
“A boy, why not someone a little older?” he said inquisitively, with a odd expression across his transparent face.
“You need to grow and learn along with there society in order to fit in. I have chosen the age of your host very carefully. At this age you have an opportunity to go through all the grades of their schools and learn all the little odds and ends of there culture, society, and governmental systems”
“Yea, yea, yea, Lets get on with its shall we” he said, a little annoyed at the age his host was going to be.
After he had spoken, he sat down on the ground and shut his eyes and prepared to enter into the astral projection process”
“Alright, now concentrate and imagine you are alone in a dark space, surrounded by many spheres of light”
“Spheres, ok got it. I am seeing spheres, about thirteen of them”
“Very good, those are the various dimensions surrounding us. Now focus on the bright blue on.”
“Blue one, got it”
“Now move toward the blue sphere, bringing it closer and closer into view”
As the old man said this, our young friend with a great amount of concentration used his mind to bring the sphere closer to him.
“Ok going towards the blue sphere”
“Ok now as you are proceeding closer you should be felling a strong pull of force dragging you inward”
As soon as he said this the main character of our story felt a sudden tug on his body. The force so strong the he barely had time to think before he was sucked inward and surrounded by thousand and thousands of stars and galaxies. Soon afterwards he heard the old man voice faintly in the background;
“Ok you made it” he said with a melancholy degree of excitement.
“you have entered the earthean plane, now concentrate on the blue and brown planet in front of you, and bring it closer”
“Excuse me sir, but you are fading out”
“That’s to be expected, as you move closer and closer to your intended destination”
Ok I have brought it towards me, and I am surrounded by a blue horizon, and am moving closer and closer to some sort of surface”
“Great do you see a red car with a insignia on it that says ford, and is somewhat soiled with a brown residue”
“Yes”
“Great, your just about there, your host is in the car. Now focus.”
© Copyright 2005 Lexington Curusoe (blackcloak66 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949001-mythos