*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/824456-The-Day-I-Tried-My-Hand-At-Cooking
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #824456
Eat if you dare...
The Day I Tried My Hand at Cooking

Once as I was sitting in the lush green garden of my house, enjoying the pleasant and soothing breeze and as usual, lazily daydreaming. I heard my mother calling me inside. Quickly my brain gave a warning siren; I raced inside as fast as lightning. On reaching the kitchen because that was where my mother was calling from, I was informed by stunning news. Stunning at least for me. I had to cook food on my brother’s birthday, which was on coming Saturday, and moreover I had to help my dear sweet mother in the preparation of the party. At that moment even if a bee had stung me I wouldn’t have moved. I had never cooked food. I had just a little bit of experience in this field. I some times cooked food, and even that, just for enjoyment with the help of mother. Even then my mom was expecting that I would be able to do such a tiring and hard task. But what could be done, I kept aside my terrifying thoughts and returned to the garden pain and panic.
On that Saturday morning I had to wake earlier than usual ‘cause of the birthday. I had my breakfast of scrambled eggs and two slices of bread with crusty brown sides. After this I started my work. I looked at the list of things I had to cook, which included pizza, custard and jelly. What a heck! I had planned to play my ever -favorite “Carmen Sandiego” video game but nope there was no chance of it. Very meekly I started making the dough for pizza. I chopped the veggies, shredded the cheese, boiled the milk for making custard and made the jelly. When I came out from the kitchen looking not more then a Cinderella, there was even more work for me to do. I had to do the dusting, as that day the maid had given herself a day of relief.
I dusted and dusted till every corner of my house was sparkling like a diamond!
And when I finished all the work at five o’ clock my bones were almost broken. But I still had to change my clothes and prepare myself for the party, which was about to start!
When I came down stairs the party was in full swing. My brother and his friends were playing, people were chattering and obviously waiting for the dinner to be served. But when the dinner was laid, I was feeling very nervous, I was thinking what if something has some fault in it. But to my surprise none of the guests said anything. And every body seemed to enjoy the food. When I tasted the food, pizza was the only thing that I liked. And the rest were not so tasty in my opinion.

The next day when I woke up, I saw my mother sitting beside my bed. And looking at me happily, giving me a bright smile. Then she told me that she had good news for me. I asked her what it was? She said all the guests including she herself liked the food that I had cooked. At this I became very happy. Then my dear mother added that as you are very good at cooking, from now own you would take charge of the kitchen. AAAAAAAAAA! I screamed and nearly fainted at the spot.
So guys this was my cooking story which indeed finished in tragedy. So pals this gives you a lesson that never cook food on your brother’s birthday!





© Copyright 2004 ~*~SnowFlake~*~ (tazeenqureshi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/824456-The-Day-I-Tried-My-Hand-At-Cooking