*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/841649-My-Journal
Rated: E · Sample · Other · #841649
Pain gives meaning to life, while happiness can take it away.
Silver rays emanate from the crystal firmament. White dandelions and yellow sunflowers bathed in a natural flagrance satisfy my sense of smell. Behind me is the one person whom I shall be with for all eternity exploring this peaceful paradise. Oh why can't life be that way?
 
Wait. It does not end there. What is a good story without romance? Suddenly clouds of black vampire bats swarm above us, blocking the light from the crystal sun. The one I love falls into a waterfall of blood along with the flowers I plucked for her. She drowns in her own blood.
 
As she falls, she looks at me with desperate and sorrowful eyes. I can only feel helpless and heart broken. The land is destroyed by evil powers in the form of fire-spitting earthquakes and maniacal twisters with howling souls.
 
Destruction is vital in the course of nature, man's history and the universe itself. Pain gives meaning to life, while happiness can take it away. But too much destruction and pain strangle these very words into the evil we all have been brought up to know.
 
A holocaust that lasts three years is a marvelous event. 20 years of war is gruesome. God is the universe itself, prowling throughout different worlds and dimensions, chastising the earth for merely existing and giving joy to those incapable of feeling pain.
 
Purity is not seen from the outside but is secretly hidden in the hearts of men. Music is drugs to my soul; poetry gets me high, and books trap my world forever in shapeless ideas and take me to places I have never been to or understand.

© Copyright 2004 Mario Lopez (loveisevil1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/841649-My-Journal