*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/842552-In-the-Buff-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Crime/Gangster · #842552
A man with a unique talent....Chapter 1
Working for a mafia was never an easy life. Most people envision an opulent, affluent lifestyle
where one is respected, famed, and rewarded. That kind of living is impossible when you were known as Alec "Nude Sniper" Forssner. I never understood why they made such a big deal of it --I simply did my best work naked.

The "headquarters" was a small coffee shop downtown. Approaching it, I could tell the typical morning traffic had not yet arrived. I couldn't help but frown as I entered.

"Hey, Nudey! The boss wants to speak with you." called a corpulent man from one of the stools, drinking a coffee while browsing the papers.

"Frank, you know I hate that nickname. Why do you insist on calling me that?" I asked.

He smirked and said, "Just to keep that frown on your face a little longer. Now go on, Vincent's
waiting -- you know he hates that."

A groan escaped my lips and Frank returned to his papers, pretending not to hear. Talking to Vincent was always a one-sided conversation: he spoke and you listened. Questioning his orders was out of the question. That didn't stop me from talking back now and then, but I could tell that it irritated him.

A door behind the counter led to Vincent's office, where I found him waiting. A rather burly man, it was easy to see why his orders were rarely disputed. He glanced at his watch from the corner of his eye as I took my seat.

"Kept me waiting again, Alec. You know I hate that." he said.

As if I haven't heard that already, I thought.

"Alec, a client came in with your next job. They couldn't provide us with a photo, but they assured me this person is the only one living at this residence."

He handed me a slip of paper with an address. It was an apartment complex just a couple miles from here.

"What's the story behind this target?" I inquired.

"Well, from what I was told, she's a double agent. They spotted her dealing with another group, probably passing along sensitive information." Vincent said, not looking like he much cared.

"The hit goes down tonight, Forssner."

A chill shot down my back.

"Tonight? But it's supposed to be around forty degrees out there!" I exclaimed.

"It doesn't matter, Alec. This is a very good customer of ours and this is when they wanted it done. There was no way that I would refuse."

He paused for a moment, then said, "Don't forget, Forssner, that you are the reason we have some of the good clients
that we do. They take interest in your..." he cringed, then said, "...unique talent. For that reason, we need you to do this job without flaw. If you fail, consider your life forfeit. Now get out."

I got up and solemnly made my way to the door. Half way out, Vincent shouted, "Lighten up a little, Forssner! You'll never get a girlfriend if you're always so serious!"

My back already turned to him, I walked out with a smirk.

I already have a girlfriend, but I'll be damned before I tell you that, I thought as I left the shop.
© Copyright 2004 SonicV4 (sonicv4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/842552-In-the-Buff-Chapter-1