*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/843450-Someday
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #843450
my story for Nickelback's Someday, this is the end, please r/r/r
“I love you, Maria, I love you from the bottom of my heart,” tears had welled up in his eyes as he tried to take her hands. But, tears were already flowing down her cheeks, leaving muddy tracks against the paleness of her skin. Her bottom lip quivered as she jerked her hands away from his, holding them to her chest, to her heart. She refused to break the eye contact they held, though. She slowly started shaking her head, wishing he would stop here; he didn’t need to say anything else, let it end with “I love you.” “But, this isn’t right. I can’t do this anymore, I can’t deal with you. Maybe when you, I don’t know… change a little bit, it will work. I have to leave.” He let his hands drop down to his sides, as he turned to get his suitcase.
“Please, Jacob, I need you, don’t go,” she started she reached out to touch his shoulder, but let her hand drop. This was all her fault it always was; she had always screwed up everything in her life, and now she had screwed up one last time.
He turned around to look at her again, but for the first time in months, years, his gaze didn’t hold love. He was mad, he was angry; she had abused him for too long. “No, Maria, no… that’s just it, you’re just trying to keep me to yourself now, you’re too over protective, I have a life, and it’s not just you,” he spit the last word, making her cringe. “I need some space, some time.”
That hit her like a thousand-pound rock, slugging her right in the stomach. Tears came down harder as she struggled not to sob aloud. “I can give you room, we were supposed to get married, to live forever, not end up like this! We are perfect for each other- I am nothing without you! Don’t leave me!” she screamed.
“God, Maria! This is so freaking cliché! Grow up; you’ll get along fine without me! This has been going on for too long, I should have left years ago or at least try to make it better. Maybe, someday… maybe someday we can give it a try again, but not now.” He locked the suitcase and turned to leave.
“No! I don’t want someday, I want now, I want forever!” Maria screamed, slamming her fists into the desk nearest her, suddenly, remembering the handheld he had bought her for their third anniversary, to protect her. She was going to protect them now, protect them from losing what they had. She slid open the desk drawer, the long one that normally help pens and pencils, and gazed down at the silk scarf. She picked up the glistening white folds and felt the cool, hard metal underneath it. She quickly threw the scarf off and pointed the gun at him, her arms shaking. “I’m not going to let you leave,” she growled.
He turned around again, ready to yell at her, ready to tell her that she was so immature, but his eyes opened wide as he saw the metallic pistol, aimed at his heart. “Maria…” he started, dropping the suitcase and raising his hands.
“I am going to have forever, not someday,” she mumbled her arms no longer shaking and tears no longer pouring from her eyes. “Tell me you love me!” she screamed.
“I… I love you,” he said softly.
The shot rang out clear and loud, certainly bringing their neighbors to attention. She saw his body sag, the life draining from his open eyes. She walked over to him, the gun still in hand, still smoking at the tip. She curled into his arms, wanting the comfort she had years ago.
“I love you, too,” she brought the gun to her own head, feeling the warmth of the tip pressed into her temple. “Maybe, someday, we can have another shot, and we’d make it work. I don’t know when… but maybe.” She fired and her world went black. She died happy, happy that she got the chance to die in her love’s arms.
© Copyright 2004 feelingfine (vamplova at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/843450-Someday