*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/860793-The-Thunderstorm
Rated: E · Appendix · Other · #860793
This is a story of a thunderstorm from a bunny's point of view.
Word Count: 440

Here I am, minding my own business, looking for some food to take home to my family. I raise my head, sniffing the air. The wind is changing, the sky has darkened suddenly. It's going to rain! I should- oh no, it's starting- maybe I can run- no, it's too late. Oh! A nearby tree! It's kind of small, but maybe I can hide by it for shelter. I place my back to the growing wind, and brace myself. Here come the rain drops. Oh, they are cold! Even through my fur, I can feel they are cold. Oh, it's raining harder now! I try to get even closer to the small tree. The wind picks up even more. This is going to be quite a storm. Lightning flashes, high up in the clouds. A loud crack and then rumble of thunder. My heart races. I wish I were at home, warm and dry. I keep searching the sky for signs of clearing. No such luck. Every once in a while, I try to get closer to the tree. It's a sapling, really. Almost no shelter at all. But it will have to do. Yes, it must, because I'm already here and the storm's already here.

Oh, suddenly the rain is starting to lighten up. I venture a few cautious inches away from the tree. No, false alarm!! My heart races again, as I leap for the shelter of the tree again. Hmm...this storm is going to be longer than the other ones. In the back of my mind, I start thinking about the garden nearby. Mmmmmm....carrots. But no! I shouldn't be thinking of food! The lightning is getting more menacing, the thunder louder and rolling across the sky.

Oh, this is dreadful! Will it ever end? I look over to my left, and I see a small house with dim lights that flicker every once in a while. I look more closely, and I see three humans looking at me. Humans! They are so scary, the big clumsy creatures. What's this? I see pity in their eyes. Hmmm...curious. Oh! Two of them have just left the house and are running in my direction! What shall I do? Wait, they are changing direction. Good thing, too, because I don't know what I would have done. I cautiously, nervously watch them running through the rain. Fools! They were just dry inside that house. Humans are so strange, almost no logic at all.

Oh, the rain has let up! I look to the sky for signs of more rain, but the clouds are breaking away to sunshine. Hooray! Now, for those carrots...
© Copyright 2004 poisonivy (poisonivy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/860793-The-Thunderstorm