*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/863212-How-Much-is-Life-Worth
by Erica
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #863212
Two women mercenaries, one red and the other blonde, and one question of money or loyalty.
“It was not a question of money, rather the question of time.” Mr. Ritap said
“So you don’t have enough time?” the voice on the phone accused.
“Well, I could move a few things around and…” a slick sheen layer of sweat broke out across Mr. Ritap’s forehead and upper lip.
“Then do so” the connection was broken abruptly.
“Oh God” Mr. Ritap went through the desk that he was sitting at, he phoned his bank made a few transactions and he called his wife to tell her that he would be coming home soon. Then he hung up and sat very still in his chair. His office door opened and a tall, slender, beautiful red head stepped in.
“Mr. Ritap?” she asked with a faint accent.
“Yes.” He replied.
“The money, Mr. Ritap do you have it?” she said while walking further into the office. She unbuttoned her long black duster to reveal a black vest over a silk black shirt and white tie. Underneath each arm were guns. She sat down in one of the leather chairs located in front of the massive oak desk.
“Yes, I do” he said still not looking at the woman seated in front of him.
“Where is it, Mr. Ritap?” she demanded quietly
“Here”
“Get it Mr. Ritap” she commanded
Without ever looking at the woman, Mr. Ritap stood up, walked around his desk and handed the woman a briefcase. He watched as she stood and counted the money and as her lip curled as the amount wanted was received.
“Amazing how well and on time you get things done with a little incentive Mr. Ritap. I have the pleasure of telling you that we will no longer be doing business together.” She smiled showing even white teeth.
“You mean that was the last payment?” he asked
“Yes Mr. Ritap that was the last payment.” She replied.
“No more business, last payment” he muttered seemingly to himself. As he spoke he turned around slightly and out of his pocket pulled a gun. Still muttering to himself he turned around and pointed the gun at the woman. But a look of surprise came over his features as he realized he was alone in the room. He looked around and on top of his desk where the briefcase sat was a small white piece of paper. It said,
“It was lovely doing business with you!
Have a wonderful life!
Truly,
RedIvy”
Tapped to the note was a grenade pin.

The blast shook the entire block. From across the street, the red headed woman smiled and got into a silver Porsche in front her. She pulled away from the curb and into traffic as the building went up in flames and the first peal of the police sirens were heard. She picked up a cell phone and dialed a number.
“Yes” a voice cackled
“Done” she said
“Good, was it a nice bang?”
“The best a girl could ask for!”
“Whoever said that diamonds were a girl’s best friend lied, it is most definitely is explosives.” The voice said.
“For this girl anyway”
“Check in before night fall.”
“I am on my way now” the woman said then she hung up and zoomed through traffic.


“Well?”
“Well what?”
“Is he dead?”
A cell phone rang; a tall slender blonde walked over to a corner and answered it.
“Yes?” she asked the phone crackled and the blonde smiled and hung up. She turned back to the other woman and looked her up and down.
“Oh, yes, he went out with a bang.” She said smiling through narrowed ice blue eyes.
“Good, here is your money.” The other woman a Mrs. Ritap gave the blonde a carpetbag.
The blonde looking down at the bag, sneered, “And your husband the president of a very large company, you would have thought that he would have bought you some taste. Oh well.” She shrugged and took the bag. Turning as though to go she stopped at the door.
“I forgot to give you this.” She walked back over to the woman and handed her a note with a small object attached to it. The note read:
“It was lovely doing business with you!
Have a wonderful life!
Truly,
SapphireRose”
Attached to the letter was a small vial that was empty.
“What is this?” the woman asked.
“Wouldn’t you like to know” the blonde smile and walked out of the room.
Minutes later an ambulance came screaming up to the large house. The two EMT brought out white shrouded body. The blonde smiled to herself and climbed into her gold Porsche. She then pulled out of the neighborhood and into traffic. She picks up a cell phone and dialed a few numbers.
“Yes?” a voice, asked
“Done.” She said
“Good, was it a lovely death?”
“Hmmm… do you really want all the details?”
“No, come to the house and we will talk.” The voice said.
“Red, done.”
“Oh yes she did a lovely number.”
“I’ll bet it was loud.” She hung up and drove onto the interstate.


“Well, darling? Are your garden jewels coming to you?” a long rounded leg was moved onto a lap.
“Yes and they already got rid of the pests.” The hand moved up and down the leg.
“Hmmm…did they have fun?” the silky feminine voice asked with a touch of laughter.
“They always do.” The man stood and walked to the window facing a wooded area, his reflection was that of a handsome man, taller than most with black hair and gray eyes. His hair was wavy and touched the top of his ears. He smiled showing even white teeth and dimples.
“They have arrived.” He said.
“Hmmm… I will disappear then.” The feminine voice said and a door opened and shut behind him. The man watched as the two beautiful women greeted each other with hugs and began walking up to the house. He walked around to his desk and sat there watching the door over steepled fingers; it opened. In walked the tall red head, who carried a briefcase in one hand and in the other she flipped back her fiery red hair to reveal two emerald green eyes that shone with such intensity to take a man’s breath away and it did so to this man. The second woman entered her hair done up in two buns criss-crossed with chopsticks. She carried a tacky carpetbag in one hand and with the other she shut the door.
“And then I said, “Amazing your husband the president of a large company you would have thought he bought you some taste.” She almost spit out her tea.” The two women laughed.
“Hello Ty.” The red said.
“Ty.” Said the blonde.
“RedIvy, SapphireRose” he said and nodded to each.
“How is everything on your side?” RedIvy asked.
“Well, it depends on the amount of money you have in that wonderful briefcase and in that lovely bag.” He said and then stood and got a money counting machine from a shelf behind his desk. He then walked around the desk and laid it down on the front he then gestured for RedIvy to come and count. She walked over while SapphireRose sat down on the couch.
“Here” RedIvy opened the briefcase and began handing Ty bills they worked in silence until a small cough from the door stopped them. They looked up and there stood a scantly clad woman she walked in and smiled to the other two women and then came over to Ty and kissed him while picking up two sets of bills she then went to walk out the door.
“I suggest you stop now.” RedIvy said.
“Why, I came in here to tell Ty that I was taking a nap and now I am going to go do so.” The woman said.
RedIvy pulled open her coat and reached in and pulled out one of her guns. “The money if you please.”
RedIvy pointed the gun at her. “Now.”
SapphireRose stood and walked over to the woman she smiled and then took the woman’s hands in her own and then smiled again.
“Hmmm…Now Ivy worked hard for that money and I really don’t care whether or not you did not get your pay check from Ty, however that money is part of ours so hand it over now or, well, lets just leave that blank eh?” SapphireRose smiled again and then pulled out a long wicked knife.
“I did not take your damned money! How dare you insinuate that I did! Ty aren’t you going to do anything about this?” she exclaimed yanking her hands away from SapphireRose and tried to take a step towards Ty who in turn took a step behind Ivy.
“Yes I am.” He said and then promptly walked out of the room before getting to the door he turned and said to the woman. “I will have Betsy pack your bags.” The only sounds in the room were the closing of the door and the click of the hammer on Ivy’s gun.


“Damn shame we had to do that.” Ivy said through clenched teeth.
“Yes, now Ty will have to find a new girlfriend.” Rose said.
“Now why would I want to do that when I have to lovely ladies such as yourselves with me all the time?” Ty said as he came in. He held in his hand a white envelope he handed this to Rose as he and Ivy resumed counting the money.
“A Gangster’s Ball? Tomorrow night? What is this?” Rose said from the couch behind them.
“Why it is an invitation and you two will be going with me as my escorts. Dress like you normally do.” he said.
“What time will we be leaving? It says here that the ball starts at 7 o’clock and ends whenever.” Rose said.
“I will pick you two up at 5 and we will have dinner before we go to the ball.” He sighed and wrote down the amount of money.
“What is it?” Rose said
“Nothing,” he sighed again. “It’s just that tomorrow night at the ball Raegh Clark will be there.” He said sighing heavily again.
“So, you want us to…” Ivy smiled wickedly leaving her sentence unfinished on purpose.
“No! He has mercenaries as well and at the ball you two are escorts and nothing more. So no weapons or poison or bombs or anything else!” he demanded.
“Damn!” Ivy swore.
“Alright, Rose your turn with the Mr. Money Counter dude.” Ivy said as she turned from Ty and exchanged places with Rose on the couch. Ty watched as she walked past Rose her supple, deadly, beautiful body sauntered across to sit on the couch. She turned in time to catch Ty checking her out and she raised an eyebrow in question. He glanced quickly away. He turned to Rose and they began counting out her money. A few minutes of more kidding around and jokes later a phone rang. Ivy stood up.
“Excuse me.” She said and then walked to the window where she answered the phone.
“Yes?” she asked in greeting. She listened a few minutes more saying only “yes” or “no” before she ended the call abruptly and then turned to the other occupants in the room. She gave a brief smile.
“I have to go. I will see you guys tomorrow evening at five!” she then walked out of the room.
“What was that all about?” Ty asked.
“Ivy has other bosses, she works for many and one.” Rose said as she continued to count.
“What is that supposed to mean?” Ty demanded more than asked.
“Ivy is Ivy and will always be so. You can not control who or what she is or what or whom she does.” Rose stood after writing down the ending amount. “Ty, I have seen the way you look at her and I can promise you but one thing, you can not tame ivy and to fight fire is to put your sanity on line.”
“Who said I wanted to tame her, I have seen ivy molded.” Ty said as he sat down in a leather chair next to the couch.
“Molded, not a good idea, but you can try.” Rose shook her head and sat down in the couch.
“Where is she Rose.” Ty asked.
“I cannot tell you.” She said.
“Dammit why not!?” Ty said as he started pacing the room angrily
“Because you will go after her.” She said quietly. She then got up walked over to the desk got her share of money and Ivy’s share, she put the money into the briefcase and turned back to Ty.
“If you show that you care she will leave.” With that Rose walked out of the room and got into her car and left.



A cell phone rang.
“Yes?” a feminine voice answered.
“You will never believe the conversation that I just held with the Gardener.” The voice on the other line said.
“Hmmm, tell me later, we have a job right now.”
“Okay, who, when, where, how?” the voice asked.
“A Mr. Frank Linder, tonight, his house, be creative.” The feminine voice answered.
“Time and do we have to get rid of evidence? Oh and who ordered it?” the voice asked.
“Midnight, we will get rid of it with fire, and a Mr. Raegh Clark” the feminine voice said.
“A Mr. Raegh Clark, but, how, how did he know about us? Who told him?” the voice demanded.
“Not to worry, he thinks that we are men.”
“How are we getting in?” the voice asked.
“Mr. Linder is to be given a gift of two very willing females whose entire job description is to pleasure him, we are those two females.”
“See you at midnight.” The connection was then ended and both women began preparing themselves for the evening’s entertainment.
Soft music played in the background of the immense bedroom. A portly man lay on a massage table in front of a large four poster bed. Two women stood over him one tall brunette and a tall black haired woman. The brunette was giving the man a foot massage and the black haired beauty was giving him a back rub. They exchanged a look and both immediately stopped.
“Mr. Linder, it is time for a bath.” The brunette purred into his ear.
“Oh, and will you two ladies be joining me?” Mr. Linder smiled and reaches an arm around and squeezed the brunette’s bottom.
“But of course sir, we would not dream of letting you bath alone!” the black haired woman said.
“Hmm…good, now which one will help me in and which one will help me wash?” he said raking his hands and eyes over the brunette’s body. She stiffened then let out a moan of supposed ecstasy.
“Oh…yes, lets wait until we are in the tub and then you can get both of us and this.” She opened her shirt revealing her chest.
“Well, lets get a move on then!” he got up and went into the bathroom, where a large spa style tub was waiting full of water and bubbles.
“Get in, Mr. Linder, here is a glass of champagne.” The black haired woman offered.
“Thank you.” Mr. Linder got into the tub and turned around and sat down, sinking into the bubbles, he took a sip of the champagne and froze. He then sank into the water seemingly asleep.
“Finally, lets go, is that traceable?” the black haired woman said to the brunette.
“Yeah right.” They got up and left the house, they walked to the driveway and got into a black BMW and drove away. A sudden blast rocked the neighborhood as the car left the street. A blazing inferno was all that was left of the evening’s entertainment.




The doorbell rang and Dimitri got up out of bed and opened up the door still rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
“Yes!” he started, “Do you know what time it is at night?” he opened his eyes and gasped in surprise.
“Ivy!” he stuttered.
“That is my name.” Her mouth twisted with wry humor, and she raised an eyebrow. “Oh and for the time of night it is four in the morning.”
“Yeah, what are you doing here?” he asked.
“Well, on your porch at four in the morning I was knocking and hopefully in your den I will be picking up something that I happened to leave behind. And then I will be leaving to go to my own flat.” Ivy said enigmatically.
“Oh sure, get whatever it was.” He stepped back and opened the door all the way. She stepped in and walked into the den. He watched her saunter past and bit back the urge to capture her hair and pull her into his embrace and then make wicked love to her on the leather couch in the den. Ivy picked up her jacket and went to leave but Dimitri caught her arm.
“Yes?” she raised her eyebrows in inquiry and then looked down at her arm. “Release me.” She said through clenched teeth.
“Sorry, we need to talk.” He gestured to the couch then changed his mind and guided her to the two leather chairs that had a chessboard separating them. They sat down and Ivy made a play on the chessboard. Dimitri made a move against her and began talking.
“I have a problem.” He started.
“Yes,” her brow was furrowed in concentration as she made another play.
“I am employing you yet I know nothing of you.” He stated.
“Not many do.” She said then groaned as he took her knight off the board.
“So tell me how did you get into the business that you are in.” he asked then watched as she sat back after making her move.
Ivy watched Dimitri through narrowed green eyes and she bit back her sarcastic remark. “I am very, very good with guns.” She smiled icily.
“Oh, so who taught you to shoot?” he asked politely while looking down at the board to make his move.
Coward, she thought. “ Well, a man that happened to be very special in my life taught me everything I know now.”
“Oh, where is he now?” he watched as she put him in checkmate.
“I had to kill him.” She stated softly. “Checkmate.”
He was oblivious to the fact that she just beat him at chess and concentrated more on the last comment she had made.
“Why.” He asked simply.
Silence greeted him, he looked up to find himself alone in the room and then he heard the distant sound of a car starting and pulling out. He got up and moved to the window and watched Ivy leave in a trail of dust.


‘Damn that man, and his stupid questions. Why the hell could he not keep his concerns to himself? Well, tonight will be the last job I do for him and then I will move on. Maybe to Brazil, I have some lovely property there it might be nice for a little vacation, a long due one in fact.’ She thought to herself as she got ready for the evening in a long spring green gown of silk, it had a high oriental collar and two layers of silk the under dress was solid while the top layer was sheer. It touched the ground in a flowing manner with slits that reached to the middle of her thigh she had on darker forest green wide leg pants and black stiletto heels. She let her hair down in a river of red and put on little make-up and almost no jewelry. She drove to Dimitri’s house arriving a little late so that she would not be caught with him alone again. She pulled in and walked into the house and into the den, she smiled at Rose.
“Lovely!” Rose exclaimed.
“Thank you and you do to!” Ivy said as the two women hugged. They parted and looked to the door as Dimitri walked in he wore a black tuxedo and white shirt with a black bow tie. He looked the two women up and down and smiled.
“Ready ladies?” he asked.
“Now Dimi we’ve been waiting for you!” Rose said.
“Yes.” Ivy said succinctly.
“Then let’s be off.” He gave both ladies an arm and they walked to the limo, which took them to the ball.

They ate dinner and arrived at the ball around eight o’clock. They walked in Rose on the right in pale reds and pinks and Ivy on the left in greens with Dimitri in the center in his black tuxedo, people began to mummer as they passed by. Dimitri stopped to talk to several people and to show off his escorts.
“Yes, they do work together.” Dimitri was saying to an older man.
“All the time?” the older man asked.
“Now, George, I do not employ them for that.” Dimitri said.
“I would.” George said and smiled at Rose. “Especially her.” George winked and Rose smiled flirtatiously.
“Mmmmmm….” George said, as he looked Rose up and down.
“It was lovely talking with you sir, you should stop Dimitri’s house during one of his parties.” Ivy said her accent lilting. She smiled and then maneuvered Dimitri and Rose away. They stopped and talked to various other couples and women.
“Dimitri Vinte’” a deep voice said behind the threesome.
“Raegh Clark.” Dimitri said as he turned around. Ivy and Rose were still talking to two other women and did not turn immediately.
“Hello, how are you old man?” Raegh asked.
“Fine and yourself?” Dimitri asked.
“Wonderful, now from what I have been hearing about your appearance you are supposed to be with two of the most beautiful women that any one has ever seen.” Raegh asked looking around. At that moment Rose turned around and hooked her arm through Dimitri’s elbow.
“Darling this is Raegh Clark.” Dimitri said. “Raegh this is SapphireRose.”
“Hello, it is an honor to meet you.” Raegh bowed over her hand and kissed her knuckles.
“Thank you.” Rose said softly and then concentrated on Dimitri.
“Where is Ivy?” Dimitri asked Rose.
“I never left.” Ivy said coming up behind Raegh. “Mr. Clark, how do you do?” Raegh turned quickly surprise written across his face and then he stopped. He said nothing, as he looked Ivy up and down.
“Would you like to dance?” Raegh asked roughly then he coughed and smiled.
“It would be my pleasure.” Ivy smiled and hooked her arm through Raegh’s proffered arm.
“Please call me Raegh.” Raegh told Ivy as they walked away.
“Don’t” Rose told Dimitri as he tried to go after them.
“What? Now he is going to take her from me.”
“You never had her.” Rose informed him.
“Let’s dance.” Dimitri told Rose.
“Let’s not” Rose said.
“But, he is going to find out what she is what she does.” Dimitri said.
“No he won’t it is amazing to find out how much confidence you hold in her.” Rose told him raising her eyebrows.
“Well, what do you expect.” Dimitri demanded.
“For you to stand by and watch her do her job. You told her that she was an escort this evening, if she decides to change dates then that is her business. Not yours.” Rose said.
“Fine.” He said through clenched teeth.
“What is fine?” Ivy asked as she walked back up to them.
“Nothing.” Dimitri said tersely.
“I’ll bet.” Ivy said with raised eyebrows.
“Let’s go.” Dimitri said.
“No” Rose said. “I’m having fun.”
“Well, I’m not and you are in my employment.” Dimitri said.
“Fine, let us leave then.” Ivy said icily.
They left without another word to each other. They arrived back at Dimitri’s house with out any further comment and Rose and Ivy got out of the limo with Dimitri following, he tipped the driver and turned to the two women standing in his front yard.
“Would you like to come in for a night cap?” Dimitri asked.
“Sure.” Rose said.
“I would rather not, good night.” Ivy hugged Rose and bowed shortly to Dimitri. With that she left.

“Brazil it is.” Ivy said to herself as she pulled out of Dimitri’s driveway.



A Month Later
“Have you heard anything from her?” Dimitri asked Rose as they sat in his study one sunny afternoon.
“No.” Rose said shortly.
“Why did she leave?” he asked her.
“Why did who leave?” Ivy asked.
“You.” Dimitri said then realized who stood in front of him and jumped up.
“Where have you been? Do you know how worried I have been young lady? No one knew where you were, when you would be back or anything all we could do was watch the news for anonymous bombings happening. And then suddenly you show up out of the blue and expect us to welcome you with open arms. Well you have another thing coming.” Dimitri stopped and looked over at Ivy who smiled.
“Are you done yet?” she asked.
“No, I prepared an entire speech for you, I even wrote it down.” Dimitri said as he faced Ivy.
“It will have to wait.” Ivy said and then stepped up to Dimitri and kissed him hard on the mouth.
“Well, I’m just going to leave now.” Rose said quietly and then left just as quietly as Ivy came in.

© Copyright 2004 Erica (frogge57 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/863212-How-Much-is-Life-Worth