*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/939438-Queen
by Erica
Rated: · Other · Other · #939438
A new life, a new love, and queen what will she do?
“Wow” Lae exclaimed letting out a low whistle.
“I knew I should not have let you come, vixen.” Nigel said shaking his head.
Lae looked at the man next to her, an outsider would never know that he was her foster-father and he was almost two hundred years older than she was. They would think that the two people were a couple.
“Oh come on you know it would have been boring without me, all the Elders and no fresh blood!” she smiled carelessly as she looked around the hotel lobby in which they stood. There was a large six-teared fountain over which hung a large chandelier around the fountain were several lounges and tables. A bar was to their right and to the left several elevators. They stood at the reception desk waiting for their suite room keys. Nigel looked down to the woman beside him. She was over six feet tall with a river of long red hair that reached to the small of her back, her golden honey eyes flashed with curiosity, excitement and adventure. Her figure was voluptuous at best and with high cheekbones, wonderfully toned skin and the mind of a genius she was beautiful and interesting to be around. She was high spirited, quick-tempered, and she had a sharp tongue, but she was the best foster-daughter he could have ever asked for. Her parents asked him to raise her when they were Taken. It was too bad that neither of them was able to return to take the immense responsibility of raising an infant girl who from day one was it seemed bent of vexing him at every turn. And now at the age of twenty-five she was a beauty. He sighed heavily as he took the keys to his room. Lae gathered hers and they headed to the elevators. Suddenly she stiffened and turned around and Nigel’s hand went to her waist.
“What is it?” he asked her as he looked around then he smiled as a large gleaming white tiger padded silently towards them, a large black panther with a huge blue bow attached to its neck followed.
“What’s this?” Lae murmured as she bent down to retrieve a card attached to the ribbon around the panther’s neck. She smiled as the panther lay down at her feet and she began reading the card.

Consider this your present Darling.
He is fully trained for you!
Come to me for dinner this eve!
Lady Cynthia

“Oh, is he not wonderful!” She bent down and untied the bow. The panther looked relieved, Lea hugged the panther then stood up and turned to the tiger. Unaware that several people had turned to watch her as she spoke to the tiger, who in turn rose up on its back haunches and placed its paws on her shoulders and licked her before he padded off in search of his owner.
“Yes, just wonderful! Remind me to drain Cynthia the next time I see her!” Nigel said as they stepped onto the elevator.
“Oh, Nigel. Snowball is staying in my room not yours!” Lea exclaimed then laughed happily at the panther by her feet.
“Snowball?” Nigel rolled his eyes, “Poor guy!” Lea punched him lightly on the shoulder. The elevator came to a stop and they got out, each turned to their room.
“I am leaving in two hours to meet with the Elders.” Nigel informed Lea.
“I’m going to shower then get ready for dinner with Cynthia.” Lea told him. They hugged and then parted into their separate rooms.


“Who is that?” the man seated across from Lady Cynthia asked as he watched the red haired woman get into an elevator with another man.
“My niece, Lae.” She informed him. “Admon, please don’t tell me you are attracted, it would take a woman of her caliber to catch your eye! Don’t you dare do anything to hurt her!” Cynthia raised an eyebrow as she to watched her niece and Nigel get into the elevator, Nigel with his thick blonde hair and blue eyes, he was tall, intelligent, and kind, and he cared for Lae for the past 25 years. She then turned to watch the man across from her, tall equally handsome, he had the air of masculinity around him. Many women would give anything for him just to look their direction and many would die to be in her position with him now. His blue-black thick mane of hair, with his ebony eyes would make any woman’s knees wobble and their hearts lurch. He was exceptionally tall almost 6’5’’ with wide shoulders and muscles any lightweight body builder would die for. He had charm, wit, and intelligence.
“Your niece? But then who is her mother?” he asked.
“My sister.” She smiled.
“I figured that one, what is your sister’s name?” Admon asked.
“No one is allowed to speak her name.” Cynthia said.
“Why not?” Admon said tilting his head to the side his brow furrowed in curiosity.
“She was Taken.” Cynthia said.
“But the only two who were taken were the Prince and Queen.” Admon stated then stopped as his eyes widened in disbelief. “But that would make her…” he started.
“Only one small problem.” Cynthia informed him. “She is mortal.”
“But…how…” he stilled waiting for her answer.
“Come now, think what happens between a man and a woman in bed?” Cynthia said.
“Well, how is she not a vampire then?” he asked.
“She was not turned.” Cynthia shrugged.
“How old is she now?” Admon asked.
“Twenty-five.” She stated.
“Only a few years younger than me when I was turned.” He murmured to himself.
“Yes, and now the Elders have called that she either claim her birth right or leave Nigel and her vamp family.”
“Does she know?” Admon asked.
“Does who know what Aunt Cynthia?” Lae asked as she walked up to the secluded table. She wore a long white oriental type dress with a solid ivory under layer and a sheer white over layer. There was a slit up to her mid thigh and she wore white wide leg pants underneath with white stiletto heels. Her hair was let down into its normal river of red and her newly acquired panther padded along with her. She made quite a spectacle.
“I will tell you after dessert.” Cynthia smiled and stood up, as did Admon. “Hello darling, how was your trip?” Cynthia hugged her much taller niece and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “This is Lord Admon of Stantton.” Lae turned toward him and gave her hand. Admon took it and kissed the top of her knuckles lightly.
“It is a pleasure meeting the most beautiful woman in the room.” Admon stated eloquently.
“Thank you, sir.” Lae did a slight bow at the waist before she stood up with a beaming smile on her face.
“Oh Aunt, I absolutely love Snowball!” she clapped her hands together with glee.
“Snowball?” her aunt, said blankly.
“Yes, the panther you gave me.” She gestured to the black cat lying at her feet.
“You named him Snowball?” Admon smiled slightly.
“Yes, wonderful irony is it not?” she smiled back. Admon felt his heart start to pound in his chest. She is so beautiful he thought to himself.
Lae looked at him with a puzzled look. “Thank you, it is amazing how many men think that.” She smiled again and turned back to her Aunt. Admon’s eyes went wide again in surprise.
“Have you already feasted?” she asked her.
“Of course child, however because I have something to tell you I have decided to order for you so that while you eat I will tell you.” Cynthia then turned to Admon. “Thank you for keeping me company while I waited.” She said dismissively. Admon was still in shock over the fact that Lae had read his mind and did so quite innocently. So all he could do was mumble a goodbye and stumble out of the restaurant. A waiter promptly appeared with Lae’s salad and wine. Lae started eating the food before her.
“Mmmm, this is good. Very good wine.” She closed her eyes and savored the food for a moment before opening and looking at the elegant woman across from her. A petite woman with thick white hair, and piercing blue eyes, she was a formidable opponent when crossed but a wonderful friend, teacher, and aunt.
“Now tell me what you want to tell me.” Lae prompted.
“Okay, when you were an infant your parents were Taken-“ Cynthia started.
“No my parents were killed in a car accident.” Lae said as she shook her head.
“Listen child, many of the things you now believe were told to you because of your age, you are now old enough to know the truth and I have been asked to tell you the truth of your birth and what you are now entitled too. So will you listen?” Cynthia said.
“Yes.” Lae gave a curt nod to her Aunt.
“So, when your parents were Tak—What child!” Cynthia said exasperated.
“What is this Taken?” Lae asked innocently.
“I am about to explain it to you! Your parents were the King and Queen of the Notturno or the Night. They ruled over all the vampires in other words. Their advice and opinions were sought after for many hundreds of years. Until one day when the Queen found out that she was pregnant, then a young man appeared and took them. Leaving behind you. When a vampire is Taken it is very rare for one to return. Where they go no one knows. The reason your parents were Taken no one is quite sure of. And we know that they will probably never return. So that means that you are to be the next Queen, only one problem has arisen. You are a mortal. Only a vampire can rule the vampires.” Cynthia finished. She looked at Lae who was quiet for some time.
“I….” Lae stood up and walked silently away. Many people turned to watch her figure leave, there was something about the way she walked that said that she just received some horrible news. Cynthia let her go but mentally told her panther to watch out for his owner.
“You told her.” Nigel said as he sat down across from Cynthia.
“I had too, the Elders ordered it and now we have to wait. Damn I hate waiting.” Cynthia said.


“Her.” Admon said to the man beside him. “Is she not beautiful?”
“Why Admon if I did not know you better I would think that you were smitten.” Admon cast an icy look to the man who was as good as a brother to him.
“Nicolas, if you were not my best friend I would kill you right now.” Admon said.
“Yes, I see.” He stood up. “Then if you have no problems with it I will be back shortly.” Without another word he walked over to the woman that Admon had referenced to, she was waiting for an elevator with a panther.
“Hallo. My name is Nicolas. What is yours?” he said cheerily.
“Lae.” She said shortly before turning to him.
‘My gods she is beautiful’ he thought to himself. ‘ If I was human I would’ he curbed his thought at the last minute watching the expressions change across the face of the red headed beauty standing before him.
“Thank you.” She said with a ghost of a smile.
“For what?” he said perplexed.
“For thinking that I am beautiful although I really would not like to know the rest of your last thought but thank you anyway.” She smiled again and stepped onto the elevator.
“Oh, your watch is in the bottom drawer of your trunk.” The elevator door shut and his jaw dropped to his chest. He raked a hand through his hair and smiled ruefully.
“She is all yours Admon.” He said shaking his head.
“Good, I’m glad that you agree with me.” Admon said coming out of the shadows. “You lost your watch did you?” he smiled wickedly. “And what was the rest of the thought that she was referring too?”
“I would rather not tell you.” Nicolas raked his hand through his hair again.


‘Why was Admon hiding? Did he not know that I knew he was there? Or maybe he didn’t. To bad, he is a handsome man. But, oh, what I am going to do about this thing that Cynthia brought up.” Lae thought to herself as she entered her suite. She sat down, then stood up then began pacing she was so engrossed in her thoughts that she did not realize the three old men that were sitting silently watching her.
“Oh goodness, I’m sorry I did not see you there.” Lea bowed to the three men. “Your wisdom is beneficial to me and I thank you for the honor of your presence.” She intoned respectfully.
“Thank you, your highness” the oldest one spoke. “We are here to talk about the change you must under go to gain your throne.”
“The only way you can be changed is by the three of us so that you will gain not only the wisdom but the power of the ages.” Another Elder spoke. Then all three stood up and turned as one to Lae.
“We must go now, you must come with us.” They said.
“But what if I don’t want to become what you are asking me to be?” Lae asked.
“Then, and when that happens you must die, and we must pick a successor.” The oldest spoke again.
“So, I must come with you?” Lae said resignedly.
“No, it is your choice, live the life of the Queen or die a mortal death.” The second Elder said.
“I want to make my parents proud and I have the feeling that I must live the life of the Queen and help bring vampires together as one.” Lae said.
Sudden silence met this comment as the three Elders turned to each other and raised their eyebrows.
“Your mother said that when she was asked to take the throne.” One said.
“She is ready.” Another said.
“Let us go then.” Lae said.


One Week Later

“Where is she?” Cynthia demanded of Nigel.
“Where is who Aunt Cynthia?” Lae said smiling slightly.
“Child! My you have changed.” Cynthia looked not at the girl in front of her but at a young woman. Lae’s hair was now worn in a long banded braid down her back, her eyes seemed like frozen honey, and her voice held a musical quality that could hypnotize a being into a statue.
“Lae!” Nigel said before giving her a crushing hug, which Lae returned with the same fervor.
“I missed you two and where is Snowball?” Lae asked after hugging her aunt.
“He has been with me these last few days.” Admon said coming from the shadows.
“Admon, you have a habit of standing in the shadows. Although I would not have thought the same of Nicolas, but he is your friend.” Lae said inclining her head and then kneeling down to pet her panther.
“Hey, it was his idea, your highness.” Nicolas said coming from behind Admon.
“It is all right, shall we go down to session then?” Lae asked.
“In one moment, I have a question. Lae, is it Lae now or have you chosen your path yet?” Admon said.
“Actually it is now Queen da Luna il Vedette but you can call me Lae.” She said before walking into her room and changing. She came out a moment later in green oriental dress with forest green pants and a light spring green over layer. The under layer was black, her hair was still in its braid. She glanced around the room and its occupants and read the question in their eyes.
“I took the throne last week. While I have been gone I have been familiarizing myself with the laws of the Vampires. I am to appoint a Prince, and Advisors at this evening’s session. I want Nigel, Cynthia, and Nicolas as Advisors.” She said.
“And who is to be your Prince?” Cynthia asked pointedly.
“Actually, the Elders are going over that as we speak.” She answered.
“So you don’t choose your Prince, the man you will marry?” Nigel asked worriedly.
“No.” she said shortly. “Now we are going to be late if we don’t go soon.” She then turned on her heel and walked out the door and went to Session, her panther followed.


Session

Walking into the session hall one is normally struck by the sheer size of the room and then by the dais at the end of the hall. On the top dais are two thrones one is larger both are made of marble stone. The second dais underneath the first held three chairs on the left side seated there are the Elders. The third dais on the right sat five chairs here sat three people, the Queen’s Advisors. Silence swept through the room as the doors opposite of the dais opened, every vampire turned to look upon the new Queen. Lae walked down the center aisle slowly and stately her panther walking beside her. She nodded to a few vampires and then walked up the first set of stairs that led to her Advisors there she stopped and turned to the audience.
“These are three of My Advisors, Lord Nigel, Lady Cynthia, and Sir Nicolas the other two will be announced later in the evening.” Lae said.
The three bowed as one to the Queen and then sat down. Lae walked up the second set of stairs again she stopped and turned to the audience.
“Here sit the Elders who will always have a place with the Queen, their advice and experience will be held in the greatest respect.” She turned again and walked to the largest throne there she stopped and again turned to the audience. There sat a woman who did not look happy beside her sat a small man. These two people were the temporary rulers who were put into place with the knowledge that one day the true Queen would come back and take the throne again.
This time the three Elders stood and the three Advisors stood.
“Here is your Queen.” The first elder spoke.
“She has agreed to take the throne that her parents left empty. In doing so will usurp the standing ruler. She who was the ruler will have to step down. Lady Selina will you stand down and give back the throne in which you once gave oath to do?” the second elder asked.
“I will.” Lady Selina said standing.
“And will you take an honored seat on the Advisor’s Board?” asked Lae.
“I will.” Lady Selina said again.
“Your wisdom and experience is welcomed.” Lea said again. Lady Selina walked down to the third dais she sat down next to Sir Nicolas. The third Elder turned to the small man seated on the smaller throne he stood.
“Lord Rafael will you turn your throne over now to the new King?” the third Elder asked.
“I will.” Lord Rafael then walked down and off the three daises, when he got to the red carpet he stooped and turned again to the woman standing in front of the two thrones.
“May your reign be long and prosperous, may you rule with understanding, grace, and fairness. I pledge my allegiance to you Queen da Luna il Vedette.” He then bowed and backed three paces and then turned and melted into the crowd. The three Elders stood as one and turned this time to the crowd.
“Your Queen stands before you now, will you accept her?” the Elders asked the crowd. Then each vampire lowered themselves to one knee and with their heads bowed accepted their new Queen.
After each vampire then stood, the Elders bowed to the Queen, as did the Advisors.
“Queen da Luna il Vedette, after much deliberation and careful thought, we Your Elders have found Your King.” Then turning back to the crowd, “Lord Admon of Stantton please approach the Throne.” A collective gasp went through the crowd as Lord Admon came forward surprise written all over his face. He knelt in front of the three daises.
“Will you take an oath to serve your Queen, your People and your Government?” the Elder asked.
“I will.” Lord Admon said.
“ Then rise and join your Queen.” Admon stood and walked up the three dais bowing before each of the chairs, he came to Lae who stood still in front of both thrones, Admon bowed onto one knee before her and in a strong voice said,
“I pledge my life, my soul, and my love to You, the People, and the Government.” He then kissed her hand and waited.
“I accept your pledge.” She then motioned for him to rise off of his knees. He stood next to her.
The Elders walked up the remaining stairs to the top dais and motioned for the Queen to bow, as the oldest Elder placed the crown, made of silver with seven points each point representing a vampire nation with different stones in each point, onto her head.
“I shall honor My gift, My People, My Government and My King. I will rule with honor and wisdom passed to Me through the Ages. I will respect the advice of my Advisors and consider the wisdom of the Elders. I will listen to all vampires, and will honor their thoughts and actions as they were my own. I pledge Myself.” Lae bowed to the knee and looked up to Her people. The vampires in the room all went down on one knee again. Admon beside her bowed as did the Advisors and Elders.
“May Your rule be peaceful and prosperous.” The Elders said.
“Viva la Luna!” the crowd shouted as they all soared to their feet. Lae stood again and smiled then raised her hands for silence.
“May we celebrate till the sun comes and then rest and celebrate again. I invite all of you to partake of the bounty before us!” with the last words the crowd shouted again and the doors opened to a large ball room and a buffet of different bloody delicacies. The crowd split down the center and the Advisors stood and began making their way slowly down the aisle, the Elders followed and behind them the Queen and King.
“You have made a hit.” Admon said through the side of his mouth to Lae, then he stopped and hugged a smaller woman.
“Well, what did you expect? For me to trip coming down the aisle?” Lae asked him when he was by her again, then she stopped and shook hands with several people and made small talk before continueing again.
“I hope all of our conversations are not this disjointed.” Admon said. Lae paused and cast a side long look at him.
“As well as I.” Lae said with a cock of her brow.
“Are you always so formal?” Admon asked.
“Of course.” Lae smiled and broke away from him to speak with her newly made Advisors.
“Well, darling, you are Queen. What is the first order of business?” Cynthia asked.
“Sleep.” Lae said shortly.
“Hmmm….sounds good to me.” Admon said coming up behind her.
“I’ll bet.” Nicolas said smiling and elbowing Nigel in the side.
“Yes, I see then it is time for you and I to have a talk.” Nigel gestured to Admon to follow him and as they walked away the group heard Nigel say to Admon.
“Now if you hurt her….” Lae shook her head and smiled.
“Poor Nigel.”
“No dear, he has been working on that speech all week.” Cynthia said.
“He finally gets to use it now then.” Lea said.
“Yes, well I can imagine that he has been waiting for quite a bit for it.” Lady Selina spoke up.
Yes, quite, My Liege, may I claim this dance?” Nicolas asked as the music started.
“Yes, milord you may.” Nicolas offered his arm and they headed off to the dance floor.
© Copyright 2005 Erica (frogge57 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/939438-Queen