*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/867985-Millennium-Star
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #867985
A story of a young man whose friend is lost in space,his journey to find him
Millennium Star
Pipinheart

One will come through a void that will restore the balances and bring back peace to the world in disorder.
Arian sighed as he looked at the manuscript for the hundredth time in the last hour and he was still no closer to a clue to its meaning as he had in the last five years of his research.
He was the new Captain of the Millennium; it was the ship of his dreams, yet he didn’t feel worthy of it. Only days before his good friend Tran had gone missing from an area of space that was uncharted territory.
Tran deserved to be captain not him, yet it was not for him to decide what the fates had willed to be. Sometimes things happened for a reason, and other times the reason was not to be understood.
“I thought I would find you here Arian.” Looking up he saw his first officer, dressed in black, with her dark hair hanging at her waist
Both her pistols hanging on the belt at her hips, as she leaned against the wall with her arms folded in front of her.

"I know what your thinking Adeana, I know we have to start early tomorrow, yet I wanted to take just another look."
"You know it won’t bring him back Arian, Tran was a good officer and he was your friend, I understand that. But we need you focused on the present mission and ready for our survival."
"I know it won’t bring Tran back, but looking at these old documents I began to wonder if perhaps the prophecy is true."
"Not that again Arian, that’s just a legend, some old man came back with who had been in space to long. Probably had a bit of space madness."
"Perhaps, but then again a legend always has a bit of truth in it.."
"Very well, Arian I will say goodnight to you then. I leave you with a bit of advice, Arian."
"By all means Adeana I welcome your advice."

"You are now the Captain and that is a big responsibility I know. Tran was a good soldier and a good friend to many."
"He is now gone Arian, cut your losses and don’t let yourself be ruled by emotion it will only lead to disaster and get us all killed."
With that said she turned on her heel and was gone as silently as she had come.


The briefing went as Arian had expected the Admiral wanted the uncharted territory searched out and to report back its findings. Nothing he hadn’t expected, but he was tired of being sent out and them not caring if they came back.
"Captain, do you understand your orders, and what is required of you and your crew".
"Yes, sir, the orders are very clear to me what you require of us."
"I sense by that tone that you are in disagreement with your orders".
"Well, Admiral to be frank, yes I do have a problem with it".
"Only days ago commander Tran went missing in the same part of space you are know sending us, I don’t believe that is a wise decision." "We have no understanding of what is out there awaiting us"
"Captain, that is exactly why you are being sent out there". "To find out where commander Tran went." "Find what the uncharted realm has, are there friends or foes out there we need to know."
"Are you afraid of taking risks, of perhaps laying your life down for your own people, is this what this is really about."


"I am a soldier we do not fear death, I am willing to risk my life for my people, and those I call my friends. I was bred to accept my fate once it was revealed to me, yet I am not a foolish man one to take unnecessary risks either. I will do my duty; have no fear of that Admiral."
"Very well Captain then I dismiss you to attend to getting things in order for your mission."
"May the stars shine on you and your crew, and many safe returns."

Arian walked down the hall to his quarters to pick up his luggage and was ready to leave all this he knew behind. Arian looked at his reflection in the mirror he thought he looked odd in his new Captains uniform.
His wavy brown hair and his blue eyes reflected youthfulness, and his freckles on the bridge of his nose reminded you of a boy you once knew. He was tall and lean, but had a way of walking as if in complete control. He was a man true to his word and was liked among all his peers and respected around those whom disliked him.
"Well, you look nice Captain, but you still look a little funny in that uniform, I guess I’m still not used to it."

Smiling Arian looked over at his weapons specialist and good friend Jadan.
"Don’t worry Jadan you’ll have all the time to stare at it while were in space."
"Stare at you, why I have more beautiful things to stare at." There are ladies aboard aren’t there" "I know Adena is to be there, so perhaps a friend of hers is to be there as well."
"You have to be warped in the head to be sure Jadan. Didn’t she threaten to break your arm last time you was up to your old tricks?"
"What can I say I like a challenge, besides its fun just to see if she can do anything but look like she’s on duty every minute of the day."
"Well, don’t irritate her too much I don’t want your arm broke, I need you at the weapons station too much."
"Sure thing boss, I will try to stay out of harms way."
Lets head for the ship Arian, are you ready to go?
"Yeah, Jadan I’m as ready as I’ll every be, lets head for the ship."

He saw her then in the space dock; the Millennium, his ship. He felt with this ship he could do something for those who had gone missing.
Tran had gone missing, as had others, they were out there somewhere he could feel it.

Perhaps the Millennium would be like a bright star in the heavens searching for those who were lost.

© Copyright 2004 pipinheart (pipinheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/867985-Millennium-Star