*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/876176-The-Tree-Ate-My-Kite
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #876176
A story about a child having a BAD day. Written for The Write Stuff Contest.
The Tree Ate My Kite

for children 3-6 years old

234 words


I am having a bad day! A terrible, horrible, grumbly, bad day!

When I woke up this morning my pajamas were too twisted, my hair was too tangled, and my bed was too messy. Oh, and the tree ate my kite!

Then, my mom made me eat breakfast. The fried eggs were too runny, the orange juice was too sour, and the buttered toast was too crunchy. Oh, and the tree ate my kite!

I wanted to go outside and play, but my mom told me I had to get dressed first. My favorite shirt was too wrinkled, my shoelaces were too knotted, and my baseball cap was too tight. Oh, and the tree ate my kite!

My mom put some of my toys in the backyard for me to play with. My tricycle was too rusty, my basketball was too flat, and my wagon was too heavy. Oh, and the tree ate my kite!

So my mom gave me a shiny orange kite with a long blue tail. But the kite was too big, my arms were too short, and the wind was too strong. So, the tree ate my kite!

Now my mom is bringing the ladder. She climbs up the tall ladder, stretches out her long fingers, and grabs the blue tail. Wow, my mom saved my kite!

Hmmm. I am having a good day! A wonderful, laughable, super good day!
© Copyright 2004 Phoenix_Rising (justre37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/876176-The-Tree-Ate-My-Kite