*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/877073-Blood
Rated: · Other · Death · #877073
This just came pooring out of me today...I haven't done anything to revise.
I'm bleeding onto the wooden table...the blood seems to flow endlessly from a bottomless pit that is draining the life out of me slowly. I can no longer feel anything. The minutes pass by, each one feeling like an eternity, until I can't even notice the time passing me by...I see the red, the blood. There is a pool and it drains down the side of the table and onto the white marble floor. I watch it trickle from the edge of the table. Funny how the sight of my own blood can soothe me...Or maybe I am finally running out of time and my life is finally leaving me for good. Maybe this time, I won't come back. Maybe this time, they will mourn me because I will be gone. I pray for death, even though I know it's coming, because I can feel my life leaving me. Then in the last few moments, I remember his face. It flashes before me, angelic and glowing with light. His golden hair and icy blue eyes. This is the face that haunts me. The face that brings me happiness, the face that has brought me to this point over and over again, the face that I will never see again. Thankfully. Seeing him like this will make the last thing I see a happy thing...I don't want this, so I concentrate on the blood as it finds its way into the cracks between the marble tile. It's shockingly red against the white. It kinda reminds me of Christmas. And my mind takes me back to last Christmas, that was right before my first attempt. All of my presents were just things. They meant nothing to me. Until he came over, rang my doorbell and presented me with a bag. I knew that no matter what was in it, it would mean something to me. And I smiled at him and opened it. Inside were perhaps the most useless presents of all, but they were the ones that I would treasure forever. A sob wrenched forth from me, somehow it did, I could feel the end, it was coming soon...and I looked once again at the blood, watching the trail as it followed the cracks in the floor. It was a lot of blood. I wonder if all of that came from me. I look over and realize that there is a second trail next to the first. I again question that it could all be my blood. Then I realize that my face is wet with tears. I watch the tears fall into the puddle of blood. Each one splashes down and spreads out, hardly leaving a trace. It would be impossible for anyone to know that there were tears mixed into my blood. I look up, trying to look out my window at his house, but instead, I see his face. At first I think it's not real, but I see that his face has tears on it, too. I wonder briefly what he's doing here and then I notice that he's bleeding, too. "I can't live without you. I can't try to get along without you there to bring me happiness. I love you." I look up at him, knowing that I have only moments left and somehow find the strength to mutter two words that have been haunting me. "I'm sorry," I say and the tears fall and the last of my life has been taken away. The world goes black.

There are no paragraphs...I know this...and I'm sorry if it's hard to read, but I warned you. hehe...
© Copyright 2004 bfqueen (bfqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/877073-Blood