*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/878045-Essay-submission-for-membership-upgrade
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #878045
This is an essay for a membership upgrade contest.
Essay submission for membership upgrade:

From the time I was a young girl I have been putting pen to paper and expressing my feelings through poetry. I have a passionate love for writing! It allows me to express my deepest thoughts as well as my inner most feelings and emotions. It is theraputic and gives me a sense of peace. There are numerous things in this world that inspire my creativity. The tranquility of watching the ocean, the beauty of mother nature, emotions of all kinds but most especially love. Sharing my work with others gives me a great feeling of satisfaction. I am especially touched when someone gives me feedback on something that I have written expressing that it has moved them in some way. I feel a great sense of accomplishment and pride in knowing that what I love so dearly has touched someone else.

I very much appreciate the help and feedback that I have received from the community at writing.com. This is a new experience for me as I am a new member. I have not shared my work with many prior to joining this wonderful site. It has become a new "home" for me as of late. I find myself spending a lot of time, sometimes hours on end, searching the website and reading other's portfolios. I have also met some wonderful new friends via the e-mail system which has allowed me to share my feelings and exchange ideas through yet another channel.

I have a new sense of this art and have decided to take a creative writing course in the fall. I have always dreamed of becoming an author and it seems now, at this point in my life, I am ready to take action to make that dream a reality. I have new hope that by refining my skills, I WILL have that chance. I am honored to have been nominated for the possibility of receiving a membership upgrade. I feel this would give me even more incentive and confidence to continue with my quest to be the best I can be at something I have come to cherish. Thank you to all those who have inspired me along the way!

KAM
8/13/04
© Copyright 2004 amydot4 (amydot4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/878045-Essay-submission-for-membership-upgrade