*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/882301-Journeys-of-a-Tadpole
by Zaring
Rated: E · Poetry · Nature · #882301
From a tadpole to a toad...
How is it that you can at one moment be a tadpole with so much to learn, and in the next instance, see your flesh turning old, before your very eyes?

Tomorrow, as my son turns 16, I turn...old, just old! After 40, does it even matter anymore? I’ve given so much of me that at times, I don’t even think I know who I am, or what I want anymore.

What I’ve learned, and what I see is;

Love...I’d like to think the world is full of it, but it’s not.

Friendship...If you’re lucky, as I am, then you’ll know friendship and not question whether it exists or not.

Pain...felt too often, by all too many people.

Fear...can be consuming at times.

Constance...the only thing constant in life, is change. Live with it, or suffer. But change is a Constance...adapt!

Peace...Jesus died for it, but few get it. We keep sending our young to die for it. But still, it won’t happen.

Understanding...Can someone explain this to me. Is there any understanding left to this world? I fear not.

Controlling...Man tries to control the uncontrollable. The planets, atmosphere, people , etc. These are things that are not controllable. Will man ever understand that?

Tranquility....takes me back to the tadpoles stage of life. Eager to learn and grow as an infant in serenity.

Toads are always around you, but oft not seen. When you finally hear them, its because they’ve grown enough, to have something to say.
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/882301-Journeys-of-a-Tadpole