*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/886837-First-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #886837
This is a short story i had to write for English im now rewrittin it to make it longer
Ronica Brown is your average twenty-year-old girl. She led a typical life in North Carolina with her loving family and best friend, her twin brother Ron. Everything in her life was normal until after high school. In 2000 her and Ron graduated Ronica decided to stay around her hometown, but sadly Ron went to a college in California. Ronica was happy for her brother even though she missed him.
Ronica and Ron talk a lot on the phone since he has been gone. Another person Ronica talks to a lot is his roommate Shane Lamont. Shane is the type of guy who could have any girl he wants and has, likes to party and says he won’t settle down. Shane and Ronica are different but yet alike. Ronica still remember the first time she talked to him.
All the way in California in a nice and cozy apartment a phone rings. Only one person is around. He is a cute guy, but not the one the person on the phone was trying to reach. He walks across the floor and picks up the phone.
“Hello” comes from a strange but familiar voice.
“Hey good looking. What you doing?” said the voice on the other end. The guy is confused; he looks at the phone then puts it back to his ear.
“Um…who is this?” he says
“Oh, don’t play dumb. You know me, its your one and only.”
Still confused he says, “No I don’t think so. Now tell me who you are.”
“Alright stop playing its your sister.”
Laughing he says, “I don’t have a sister.”
Sighing she says “Ron stop your not funny.”
“This isn’t Ron.”
She pauses for a second and really listens to his voice.
“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry. This is Ronica, Ron’s twin. I thought you were him. We always kid around like that and I didn’t know. Man I’m so embarrassed.”
He laughed “Its ok this is his roommate Shane. I have heard a lot about you and from what I hear you don’t get embarrassed easily.”
“Only around cute guys.” Ronica said
“Ah-ha you trying to say I’m not cute”
“Well no”
“So I’m not cute?”
“No.I mean yeah…. I mean I don’t know…I mean…goodness there I go again.”
He laughed again “Its cool. I was just kidding”
“Good”
Even though she would have liked to talk to him for longer she figured she would go ahead and end it before she really made a fool of herself.
“Well could you tell my brother I called?” she asked
“Sure I can”
“Thanks, and again I’m sorry”
“Really its okay.” He said laughing
“Well okay…um…. bye” she said
“Talk to you later…. cutie” Then the phone clicked. Ronica sat there for a little bit looking at the phone, then hung it up smiling.
That might have been the first time they talked but it wasn’t the last. Ronica and Shane have been talking a couple days a week for a few months now. They have talked about everything and then more. Like one night they were talking about crushes, what type of people they date and things like that.
When Ronica said “Don’t you just hate it when you like a person, but they don’t like you?”
“Yeah I hate that, but how do you know they don’t like you?”
“Because they haven’t told me”
“So if the person hasn’t told you by now then that means they don’t like you?”
“No that’s not what im saying”
“Then what are you saying?”
Ronica knew this was her chance now to tell him. She took a deep breath and says, “Shane, I like you and not just as a friend. That’s what I’m saying and to be honest I don’t care what you think about that. I just know I had to get that out because I couldn’t keep it to myself anymore. Also…”
“Whoa! Ronica wait calm down. Can I say something?”
“Sure”
“The truth is I like you too”
After Ronica heard that she thought she would never be as happy as she was then but she was wrong.
“Do you ever think about us meeting?” Shane asked one night
“Yeah I do. A lot” Ronica said “What about you?”
“Yeah, your brother is coming there during the summer for yours and his birthday right?”
“That’s the plan. Why?”
“Because I was thinking that I could come with him”
“That would be great” she said
“Want to know something else that’s great?”
“What?”
Taking a deep breath he says, “I love you”
From that moment Ronica couldn’t be happier, but as we all know sometimes happiness doesn’t last. A few weeks before the big meeting Shane and Ronica had a talk.
“Ronica, I’m really sorry but I can’t come to North Carolina with your brother”
“Why?” she asked brokenhearted.
“Because my mom wants me home for the summer”
“Oh, well that’s…um…ok” she said trying not to cry.
“I really am sorry. But hey maybe I can come another time right?”
“Of course”
“You know I still love you right?”
Smiling a little she says, “I know and I love you too”
Two years later Ronica sits in her room remembering everything that was ever said between them. Even though they still haven’t met and don’t talk as much as they use to. She still loves him and thinks one day they will meet. She also knows that if things don’t turn out the way she wants she will be okay and will never forget her very best friend and first love Shane Lamont.






© Copyright 2004 charisma_82 (charisma_82 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/886837-First-Love