*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/890152-The-City-by-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #890152
Descriptive essay of the nightlife in the city
How does one describe the city? It is a gigantic place, one that operates 24 hours non-stop without human interference. It is a giant heart, pulsing with the heartbeats of a million people. Besides being a place of one’s dwelling, it is also a place of sanctuary, comfort and warmth.

Towering skyscrapers and other magnificent structures form a stunning skyline. Standing on top of the highest building, a bird-eye panorama stretches out as far as the eye can see.
Amid the uniform grayness of metal, tiny patches of greenery dotted the landscape.

The city is also a noisy place, full of life and zest. The blaring of stereos, the incessant tooting of car horns and the hustle and bustle are all part and parcel of living in the city. But come night and the city become a completely different place.

Walking along the streets, exotic sights and sounds all scream for attention. The multicoloured neon lights add a whole new dimension to the vibrant culture of the city. Vivid signs ablaze with brilliant colours add to the fantastic atmosphere of the nightlife. A range of nightclubs and discotheques cater to the partying group while quiet but richly-furnished bars playing sentimental oldies bring back a sense of nostalgia.

Among the throngs that choked the streets, a diverse range of people roam about. While most sport expensive designer clothes from the best European, American, and Japanese houses of fashion, some are also dressed in wild rock-and-roll regalia. T-shirts with weird words and phrases in various languages are also common sight.

However while the central district is indeed a prosperous and bustling hub, the same cannot be said f the poorer residential heartlands. There, the streets are dimly lit and crime runs rampage. Despite being a grievous blight on the overall appearance of the city, it too has its very own nightlife.

Strolling along the streets, one can see various makeshift stalls, with their respectives stall-holders clamouring for attention. Besides the blaring music echoing from various pubs and bars also add to the rowdy and wild ambience.

Venturing further in to the dark and uncertain pathways, one is likely to encounter a opportunistic robber. The strewn garbage and nauseous smell is also unforgettable. Rats run amok and other filthy pests reside in the rubbish dumps too.

Despite all these stains on the overall glory and splendor of the city, the city by night is still a place to behold.
© Copyright 2004 Lover of Christ (minferdo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/890152-The-City-by-Night