*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891100-Making-Plans-by-Big-Tom-Cat
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #891100
written for part three of the Salient Gold contest
Making Plans, by Big Tom Cat

The divine Elena and I will be getting wedwinked next spring, and I am just so excited. Of course, there have been a number of other lady kitts in my life, but I have never taken the big plunge and wedwinked one. I mean, this is something that will last forever. I guess that is okay. I really don’t want to be anywhere else. Staying with Elena forever seems to be just about purrfect.

I wanted to take her someplace special for our honeymoon, and as I was playing around on the computer the other day, I ran across (Ask Jeeves). So I asked him, “Where would be the perfect place to take my lovely wedwink for a honeymoon?” His answer was Miao, on Hainan Island in the south China Sea. Now I had never heard of Miao or( Hainan Island), so I looked them up also. Ah, yes. This did sound perfect. The Oriental Hawaii. Known for its beaches, seafood, singing and dancing. Lovely shell crafts. What more could a cat on a honeymoon ask for?

Then it dawned on me. I didn’t have any way to get to China. Or even Hawaii for that matter. Sigh. A cat’s life can be so difficult at times.

The human has decided to go to (Home Depot). She needs to get parts to fix the (generators) in the little trailer before we all take off to chase storms. Then she has to run by the shoe store for a new pair of (thongs). I don’t know how she can wear those silly flip-floppy things on her feet. But this is Florida, and it is warm here. Well, each to his, or should I say her, own. At least she is modest enough to think that thongs are shoes. I have heard about another kind of thongs. They are skimpy bathing suit things. Boy, I am glad my human doesn’t wear them.

Elena and I have decided to go to the store with the human. These trips can always be quite fun.
So the three of us hop in the car and take off.

Wow. This is a great store. There has to be a little bit of everything in this store. Elena and I have been wandering up and down the aisles while the human looks for generator parts. Well, that didn’t take long. Now off to the shoe store. As the human browses around, I spy a row of necklaces and bracelets. Oh, I love playing with beaded things. I wander over and start batting them around, and a lovely little shell bracelet falls on the floor. I think to myself, “This would look beautiful on Elena,” so I put it in the humans shopping basket. I will give it to Elena for a wedwinking present.

Almost time for din-din. Gotta run.

As always, Purrs, Big Tom Cat
© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891100-Making-Plans-by-Big-Tom-Cat