*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892147-Mommys-Star
Rated: E · Poetry · Death · #892147
I wrote this poem in remembrance of my mother shortly after she past away in May of 1992.
I've always heard that God only takes the most beautiful flowers, well now I know for my self, that this is true.
For once you lived upon the earth, a beatiful rose of life.
And God saw all the beauty you beheld, so now you're blooming in his garden.
The beauty that you shared with your family, it still amazes me, all the love that you had to give to the world. Your beauty showed to everyone. This is the the thing I remember the most, how loving and careing you were.
Still the image of someone that is only half the person they were before the sickness took over, lingers in my mind. The frail remains of what used to be a very energetic and happy go lucky person, lying on your bed, waiting to go home.
Seeing the look of love in your eyes as you tell me you love me, watching as the sparkel slowly fades from them, then as you slowly close your eyes for the so much needed rest. I know the Angels are waiting nearby to help you cross that river of Jordan.
I can still hear you saying "I'm going home to see those who have long gone." You were gonna see their smiling faces as they greeted you on the other side. I stood by your bed side as you took your last breath, as the angels took you home to be with the Lord.
I still remember when they carried your lifeless body away, thinking to myself, I'll see you mommy, some sweet day. The pain all the family felt, it can't be explained. Oh how I cried watching and not wanting to say good-bye.
Now each night, when the sky is clear and the stars shining so bright. I'll stand on my back porch and look to the heavens, I'll see the brightest star shining at night, It shines upon the mountain side where you are laid to rest, and I tell myself thats my Mommys Star.
I know the star is shining for you. I never did notice it before. Maybe its because I never paid any attention to it. But now each night I can look up and say thats my mommys special star.
© Copyright 2004 Rosewoodflower (rosewoodflower at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892147-Mommys-Star