*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/896490-At-the-Mercy-of-the-Sea
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #896490
The title is kinda self explanitory...

At The Mercy Of The Sea


CRACK! The sound of wood splintering and breaking apart resounded over the ships mass as a body fell from the deck, arms flailing and screams bursting from her mouth. No one noticed; total chaos reigned as a blazing fire took over the cruise boat.

Cold, icy water hit her as hard as bricks, the air forced from her lungs, her nostrils and mouth filled with sea water, choking and strangling the breath from her.
Her heart pounded and her lungs screamed for more air, but her arms and legs felt like lead, sinking her, pulling her under into the dark merciless depths of the black ocean.

Terror swept over her heart and she struggled with her heavy arms to swim upward, fighting off the sea’s black hand that wrapped its icy fingers around her and pulled her under. Then she was above the water again, gasping and coughing for oxygen. Black waves dove over her pushing her down.

‘Dear God! Save me! Her mind screamed. Then a strong hand gripped her arm, pulling her upward, to her salvation. Her head was dizzy from lack of oxygen and her strength was all but gone. Heavy and limp with cold and exhaustion, she was pulled into a small rescue boat, and then everything went black.




** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
The one & only.
© Copyright 2004 ♥.:: Rainy::. ♥ (rain13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/896490-At-the-Mercy-of-the-Sea