*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/918351-The-Seas-Lullaby
Rated: E · Short Story · Nature · #918351
The result of one of my inspirations.
The Sea's Sweet Lullaby





*Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star* *Star*




The girl lay on the beach’s shore, her back on the pale grainy sand as she stared up into the velvety navy sky that twinkled with small white stars. The sound of the gentle ocean, waves breaking and calming down until they softly disappeared into the sand, lulled her into a blissful trance, where all pain and knowledge of her surroundings evaporated into the still of the night.


The moon was a bright ring in the sky, illuminating a pure white light and casting an sheen on the deep ocean. The sea was beautiful at night, its depths were many different hues, deep greens blues and navy’s blended together like a blurred watercolor painting, its hem a frothy white foam that dissolved when the water grew gentle and sank into the sand.


The night is a beautiful thing, everything about it calm and relaxing. The girl’s eyelids slowly closed to the rhythm of breaking waves and the the salty aroma of the sea, and she drifted into sweet dreams of the ocean and sky blended together, and sailing to the moon in a sailboat made of stars, lulled to sleep by the sea’s sweet lullaby.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2004 ♥.:: Rainy::. ♥ (rain13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/918351-The-Seas-Lullaby