*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898319-Shadow
by dino
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #898319
You're never alone. You're always being watched. By whats in the shadow.
If you have ever felt like you weren’t alone, like you're being watched or followed then you know what I'm talking about. You know, when you're walking home from work through the alley way in the perfect dark. Your sure you're alone, or are you? Are those really footsteps I hear? Or just my imagination?

Anyway, I worked late one night about a year ago and had to lock up, that’s where my story begins. My boss hadn’t paid me the week due to my missing 4 days of work. but he said if I cleaned up the store and locked up he would give me my check, so I did. But just as I locked the door the light turned on. I figured it was just the electric in that place(it's been there since world war 2) so I shoved my key in the lock and jerked the door open.

As I walked casually across the room I noticed a sudden drop in temperature that sent chills up my spine. At the time I didn't think much of it I just turned the lights off off and left. so again I walked out the door and this time made it off the block. I walked down the street and figured because it was so dark and I was tired I would take a shortcut through the alleyway.

I started walking and was about halfway through when I heard, clink, clink, clink, from directly behind me I twisted around so fast I could've gotten whiplash. but nothing was there. I walked faster. the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I cant explain it. I dropped my books and sprinted to the end of the alley and I heard in the most dry raspy hoarse voice I have ever heard cry out, "you can run but I can fly" I was an inch from the end of the alley and "smack!" something hit me. and to this day I haunt that alley. I lurk in the shadows and wait for somebody to come visit me.
© Copyright 2004 dino (dino31091 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898319-Shadow