*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899142-Allynas-Revenge-Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #899142
Allyna is captured and tortured and seeks revenge.
"Death shall be yours, creature of evil. No more will you feed on the lives of the innocent. In the cleansing rays of the sun, you shall meet your end." The large haran whispered in her ear as he gave the knot binding her hands one final tug. Allyna could hear laughter and voices behind her. The smell of meat burning in the fire pits assailed her nose. The haran grinned at her, and then rose to his feet. He looked around at his men. It had been a victorious day for this little band of men. They had been sent out on a hunting party. They were looking for rare pelts from animals found only in the Jungles of Morgaz. It seemed the gods had something else in mind for them though. It had only been a week and three of the company had already been found dead, sucked dry by vampires. So they had been particularly brutal with this little katrin. The gashes on her arms gaped like open mouths, the blood almost completely covered her black fur. Her breathing was shallow, but he knew how hardy vampires were. She would last until dawn, and then she would know true pain.
He looked at the small figure of the katrin girl, her hands tied behind her back to a wooden stake they had pounded into the ground. The ropes about her wrists were the only thing keeping her from falling flat on her face. She was in a kneeling position, her head bowed down, and her hair covering her face. But he had already seen it, could still see it clear as day. Her eyes were what haunted him. Even as she was being beaten and tortured, she watched him, unblinking. Never took them off him. They were dark green, nearly blending in with the black pupil and what should have been white was yellowed slightly. They were dead though, eyes that should have been buried many, many years before. And yet they saw him, could see everything about him it seemed. He shuddered and shook the image away.
He tore his eyes off her and faced his men again. "Listen up!" He bellowed over the noise. "The gods have blessed us this day! We have captured one of the vile creatures that have plagued our lands for too long! She has been subdued and soon shall pay for her crimes! Now, we need to cut our celebrations short, for the night is young and I know I am not the only one who wishes to find more of these evil beings and bring justice down upon their heads! We move forward in half an hour!"
The men cheered, all of them very pleased with their victory. They quickly finished their meals and began packing everything up again. They loaded their packs onto the horses and mounted, feeling ready for anything. The leader of the group mounted his horse and sneered down at the vampire.
"Good bye, evil one. We are off to find your brethren."
And with that he signaled for his men to follow and began to ride off. As each man passed by they left her with a few words of parting, most promising that she would soon be joined by her fellow vampires.

© Copyright 2004 Kylisty (kylisty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899142-Allynas-Revenge-Part-1