*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/901881-Untitled
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #901881
This is part of a story that's not yet complete.
Allyna released a long, slow breath as she gazed into the fountain of blood. He had been gone for so long now. She wondered if he would ever come back. Part of her kept hoping he was out there somewhere, making his way back to her. Another part of her knew the chances of his return grew slimmer with each passing night and it had been ages now. She frowned and fingered her wedding band, feeling the cool metal twist around her finger. It was a symbol of everlasting love, certainly he hadn’t forgotten… No! He was coming back; she tried convincing her self one more time. She glanced around the clan hall, noticing how empty it seemed. There had been a lack of activity within these halls for quite sometime now. She shook her head; she had been so distracted these past few months. She had to stop this foolishness. All that mattered were her vampires. It was time for her to put her own affairs aside and devote all of her energy to their clan, rebuilding it. She gazed at the altar behind the fountain, then reached her hand out and touched it. She closed her eyes against a blinding flash of light and opened them to find herself in the town square. She made her way south, toward the bank.


She stepped into the bank and paused before approaching the banker, feeling a bit unsure of herself. Was this really what she wanted to do? Why not? She scolded herself, it would always be here, just in case… and this way maybe she could concentrate on the things that needed her attention, get her mind off him for a while. She smiled at the banker and requested he take her to her vault. He led the way down a long row of steel boxes; they were supposed to be imbued with some kind of magic to keep thieves from being able to break into them. She supposed that was the only reason she kept coming back here. The banker came to an abrupt halt in front of her vault. He reminded her there was a fee to store her items here and then, satisfied that she understood, he wandered back to the front of the bank. She looked in the vault and saw her wedding bouquet still looking as fresh and beautiful as the day of her wedding, the magic that it had been imbued with still holding strong even after so many years. Allyna sighed and looked one last time at the golden ring on her finger, shining brightly. The years hadn’t aged it at all, much like herself. She slipped it from her finger, felt the weight of it in her hand and then laid it to rest beside the bouquet of flowers. She exhaled softly, wishing she could feel more than this heavy emptiness within, but alas, she’d stopped feeling much of anything a long time ago. She slowly shut and locked the door on the vault, sealing the ring in the same darkness that had enclosed her heart, and then made her way back to the front to pay the banker.
© Copyright 2004 Kylisty (kylisty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/901881-Untitled