*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907191-Rose-Red
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Adult · #907191
A girl visits a haunted house. Goes home and discovers something
Rose Red
The Curse of Billy and Jessica


Screams from within the dark black building emerged out of nowhere, and then as if it were programmed to, the body of a young woman dropped dead on the cold wooden floor, blood pouring from her mouth. Enough to fill beer cups on a busy bar night, but yet not a single bruise on her. Then like a C.D player put on repeat, the same screams came from the upstairs portion of the house. I walk slowly step by step on the cold crackly old wooden floor.
With the floor mocking the sound of crickets singing in the night, I slowly approach the floor that I heard the screams announce from. And then inch by inch the picture was painted in my mind.
Another young body lay dead on the cold wooden floor. Except this time it was the body of a young male. As I was examining the cold blue body, I suddenly got the feeling that I was being watched over.
Then plain as day, the shadow of around 5’9 women emerged over my shoulder. My heart started beating louder and louder on each beat. Shivers were sent throughout my body. Then the shadow bent down, and a crackly voice screamed “Billy!”
I jumped up and looked back towards the body. It was no where to be found. I looked back at the young man, he was gone too. I turned around in circles looking for the two bodies. They were no where to be found. Stunned, I ran down the crackling steps to the first floor and out the door.
Then after a few yards in the front yard I turned around and looked at the house. It was an old house. You could tell that it had been owned by more than one person by the different shades of paint.
Then an old black mans voice from behind stated “She is haunted” stunned by the surprise I lost my balance and tripped over a twig in the yard. The old man apologized “I am sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you in any way”. Still regaining my balance, I said “ooohhhh no it’s okay, you just” “startled you” he said. “Yes, but its okay” I answered. He repeated himself and said “she is haunted” “yeah I found that out the hard way I guess” I said. “Yeah around fifteen years ago a man and a woman lived in that house. They loved each other more than any human beings I knew. Oh, I am so sorry I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Jack, Jack Ferguson” “Hailey, Hailey Stowler” I replied. He continued “but one night there neighbors overheard screams. But what was scary is there two different sets of screams.” “Yes, Yes that’s what I heard, the first one, and then I went in to see what was going on and then as soon as I got in the door I saw a young women’s body laying dead on the floor, then all of a sudden I heard the second scream from the top floor. So I went to see what was going on up their and I found a dead mans body. I bent over to examine it. Then all of a sudden a women’s shadow startles me. By that time I was froze in fear. So I did not look back. Then out of no where a voice screamed “Billy!” I jumped up and looked behind me, but no one was their, then I looked down at the young mans body, he was no where to be found either. Then I ran down the steps and out the door and met you out here.”
“Yes I know” he said. “Excuse me” I said. “I know" He said, "happens to every person that goes in their, first they hear the first scream and their curiosity surely does get the best of them.” I laughed “Yeah I bet so.” “What I personally think is that you saw Billy and Jessica.” He explained. “Billy and Jessica?” I said clueless. “Yeah Billy and Jessica the two people that I was telling you about a couple of seconds ago.” He said. “OH yeah, you never finished telling me about them.” “Ok, Anyways they loved each other more then any two human beings that I knew, and one night there neighbors said that they overheard screams. Joe the neighbor went over to the house to see what was going on. Joe’s wife said that once he was in the house he screamed “Billy!” and he never came out of the house. Joe’s wife never built up the courage to go in the house to see what happened.” “So you said that Joe was the one who screamed Billy.” “Yeah once Joe was in their his wife said that all she heard was him scream Billy and he never returned home.” “Were where you during all of this?” “I live rite over their.” He pointed to an old run down house about a half a block or so down the street. I asked “That is where you were when all this happened.” He took a couple of seconds before he answered, “Yeah until I heard the second scream.” “Wait a second” I said. “You heard the second scream.” He answered “Yeah I heard it. Fifteen years ago these ears were the best in town. Well it was nice talking to you” he said. “Nice talking to you to.” He left in a hurry. Dang I thought to myself he must of really been in a hurry to go somewhere.
After he left I turned around to look at the house once again before I left. I thought about what the old black man said. I turned and looked down the sidewalk and started home. I looked at my watch. 9:30 it read. I picked up the pace a little so that I wouldn’t get home too late. About a block and a half from my house I noticed that there was a car in my driveway. I ran the rest of the block and a half up to my drive way. I looked at the old run down car. Inside lying on the seat was a pistol. I looked at my house. I gasped. It wasn’t my house. It was the haunted house that I had just come from. My heart started to pound, just as it had done when the women’s body had been standing over my shoulder. I walked up to my doorstep. I put my hand on the door knob. My hand was shaking so bad I could not even get a good grip it to open the door. I got a hold of myself and shook the doorknob to see if the door was unlocked. It was.
I slowly entered the house. When I got about half way into the house I discovered that there was a puddle of blood about five inches from midway of were the door swings open. I looked up from were the puddle of blood was. There was nothing on the ceiling. It seemed to be as if the ceiling was bleeding. In the distance I heard a faint sound. It seemed like it was coming from upstairs. I slowly walked toward the stairs. At that point everything started to get cold. The hairs on my body started to stand up. About half way up the stairs the lights went out. I could not see the tip of my nose. But I proceeded inch by inch up the stairway. My hands out like a zombie feeling inch by inch foot by foot. When I got to the top of the stairway I discovered one of the most horrifying sights anybody could ever see in their entire life. In the flesh was a ghost body. Eating away at human bodies. With its fangs digging in to the human flesh as if it were marshmallows, and as soon as it would let go blood would come shooting out of the body as if it were coming out of a water pistol. Shooting five feet across the floor. The ghost would take a bite out of the human and chew on the bone like a dog. In front of me was a table. I walked around to the front of the table and sat down on top of it. I watched the disgusting sight of the ghost eat away at each individual human flesh and bones. Each time that it would finish eating the bones and sucking the blood, it would set a bleeding red rose on top of the head. Where the roses came from I could not tell you. All of a sudden the table started to shift back and forth. I looked down at it. And in the side of my leg was a huge gash with blood pouring out of it. I gasped in fear. The ghost automatically turned into a bright light and I couldn’t tell what it was doing but it was coming my way. I fumbled my way down the stairs. Trying my best not to trip and fall. It was like I was a blind person trying to play football. Not knowing where he was or even knowing where I was. I glanced over my shoulder. Just as I did I ran into what seemed to be a table. I fell hard. My knee didn’t want to give in with me and get up. The bright light seemed to be getting closer and closer. I just sat on the ground gazed by the light of the ghost. I tried my best to get up. It was useless, I couldn’t my knee was in too bad of shape. With every bit of strength that I had left. I turned around on my stomach. And dragged across the room like a soldier in the war. The ghost had me rite were it wanted me. It continued to get closer and closer. My heart beating like a hammer beating a nail into a piece of wood. Trying to drag myself across the floor and find a place to hide the ghost still managed to pin me into a small corner. He backed me up tighter and tighter. Tighter and tighter. I screamed what would be my last words that I would ever say to another person or thing “God Save Me For I know That I have Sinned And Died In Rose Red ”. And on top of my grave lie a bleeding Red Rose.


By:
Tyler Saunders
© Copyright 2004 Jordans1 (jordans1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907191-Rose-Red