*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/923117-These-Silent-Moments
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #923117
Silence holds more meaning than words ever could. If only Patrick could see that.
These Silent Moments

Author: Abigale Snitche

First of a Series

Summary: Life gives you only so much time to tell him that you love him. But for Chris silence holds more meaning than words ever could. Now if only he could get Patrick to see that.


**




Lips whispered over soft flesh and a whimper permeated the humid air of the darkened room.
One body arching upward into the heated mouth trailing oh so teasingly over heated, taut flesh, murmured cries and soft pleas for more echoed through the room and an olive skinned brunette did just that.

Sometime later the two lovers’ lay entwined, breathing heavy, gentle hands running over sweat slicked skin.
The lighter of the two, a petite, narrow hipped youth with dyed orange hair smiled and nuzzled into the other’s neck.

“Love you so much Chris…”

The brunette smiled and kissed the crown of orange hair tenderly.

“Sh Pat…go to sleep...”

The orange haired youth bit his lower lip and nodded, pulling away from his lover and snuggled into the warmth of the bed covers.

“Pat…? Pat…?”

“Mm tired g’night Chris…”

Chris nodded in the dark, though he knew the other wouldn’t see it and rolled onto his side and tried hard to ignore his lover’s labored breathing.



Patrick woke the next morning to the sun streaming into the room through huge bay windows off to his left.

He swore loudly and sat up, shielding his eyes with one arm.

“Bloody hell Chris, did you have to open the curtains this morning?”

He was speaking to himself in the quiet of the room. No doubt his lover was already at work and with a sigh he threw the covers back from his legs and stood, making his way to the bathroom to relieve himself.

He completely missed the single flower laid out on the pillow next to his, or the note that lay under the flower.

Not three hours later and Patrick was still tired, he didn’t want to be sitting at his desk, indigo ink pen in one hand, stencil knife in the other.
He didn’t want the aching in his heart to continue distracting him.
He slid the knife into its sheath and re-capped the pen before he headed into the kitchen to make himself a late lunch.

He stretched and yawned again, deciding a nap would be better and set his half finished sandwich on the counter before heading into the bedroom and crawling under the covers.

He stretched out, burying his face into his pillow and sighing. It smelled like Chris and before he knew what was happening he was sobbing into the pillow.
Chris did love him, Patrick was sure of it; he just wished sometimes Chris would say it to fill those intoxicating silences between them.
Another shuddering sob and something slid against his hand.
His head jerked up and dark purple eyes settled on the flower and the note.

Lips twitched, it was a Daffodil, bright and yellow in contrast to the dark green of the sheets. Patrick smiled and reached for it, tugging the note open as well.

His eyes lighted on the hand-writing immediately recognizing it as Chris’s.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is words that have no language
Whispered into flushed and tingling skin
It is rhythm and passion
And the dance of starlight and shadows that linger over dying embers.
It is music that makes you tremble and permeates everything,
And it is of promises and pleasures that fade with the rising sun.
It is the knowledge that somewhere past the farthest reaches of our perception,
That all of this was meant to be.
And there is the scent of fire and smoke that clings to gentle flushing skin
And the taste of summer on damp breath,
And a night that could only last forever if we allowed it
I love you,
Love Chris.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick sighed, a small smile on his lips.
He didn’t understand the note, but it made those silences more understandable.
He grinned and looked up to see Chris walking into the room.

The flower and note were all but forgotten as Patrick launched himself into his lover’s arms.


It wasn’t until later when they lay entwined that they discovered the crushed flower and note under Patrick’s pillow.

Chris smiled, dark black pools meeting amethyst.
Patrick traced a thumb over the other’s lips and Chris whispered softly, “I do love you, y’know…”

Patrick nodded and nuzzled into Chris’s neck. “I do…now sh….”

And Chris knew, Patrick finally understood, it was these silent moments where words could not express the depth of feeling between two entwined souls.


~Fin~
© Copyright 2005 Abi Snitche (abigalesnitche at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/923117-These-Silent-Moments