*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/938612-Entertainment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #938612
WHat entertainment is for
It?s not to be life as it is, but life as we wish that it could be. That?s what entertainment is. We come in and try, to the best of our ability, to take them out of their troubles. Not just for the two hours they spend in the theater, but from then on. We put back the innocents, the love, the families. We give people hopes, and dreams, and tell them about the possibilities. If you take away entertainment, we would all have died of sadness and gloom by now. Pictures that stay with you are not so much, glamorous or funny, but full of feelings, which become meaningful. Think of the Wizard of Oz, you may have thought or Over the Rainbow, that?s an emotional time. You may see Dorothy leaving Oz, as she cries, while saying her good byes. You can learn more out in the world about people, than you could ever learn in a university. You listen to everyday conversations, and you feel the emotion. You can hear the humor in people?s voices, or the pain. Emotion is one of the ingredients of the grease paint of life. Courage is also one of those things, as is hope, and love, pride, dignity, fears, generosity, its all there. Its why we do things, you take away emotion, nobody will care about anything, we?d be a bunch of greedy hogs, wallowing around in our own filth. It?s our job as entertainers, to give out that emotion, because in a way, it is returned to us. You sing to someone, they applaud, you feel like crying, the emotion you gave to them is given back. We make a great film; we gain viewers, the effort, and time, and emotion that we put into that film is returned to us. I write a best seller, the money that comes from that is not the returned emotion; it?s the fact that the public appreciates it. It?s all about our impact on them, and the impact they have on us. That?s what everything is about, our impact on other egos. Someone impacts you, you want to thank him or her, you return the emotion. It?s a beautiful thing. I believe that a motion picture, or a scene in a book, or something of that nature, that stays with you, is made up of a hundred hidden things, things that you don?t notice. There is also the anticipation that that could be you someday. The excitement of that is in the air, it crackles. You don?t forget something like that, it?s inbreed in you, deep. If you don?t value the enterprise, whatever you are doing, will fail. Throw your self into it, and it will always, with out a doubt, be better. The raw emotion that floods human beings is marvelous thing I must say, and it is not only humans who have emotions. Animals most definitely have emotion. Tadpoles, have emotion, it?s not just dogs and Gorillas. Every living this has emotion. We have a duty to maintain that gift, the gift of emotion. If not us then what will become of mankind? If there is no one to entertain, then our melancholy world will just become sadder and lonelier. As Scuttle in ?The Little Mermaid? said, ??people would just sit around and stair at each other all day.? So shall our world become boring.
© Copyright 2005 Insignificant corner dweller (solanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/938612-Entertainment