*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/943838-Waking-Up-at-10-pm
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Boats
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Experience · #943838
Just something I was thinking.
There is little left to do when you wake-up after the world has turned for the day. It's like pulling up to the starting block after the race has already begun. It's just seems impossible to get into rhythm with the sun and moon and your body repremands you for bad timing.
So what to do? In my experience it's seems that this is one of the only times when two wrongs make a right. No amount of effort will get your head into the game of the day, so you might as well just screw around again and see if you can wake up better tomarrow. Roll the dice. There's little left to loose, so shot the moon and let Friday roll from Saturday to Sunday. Stay up late and forget everything. Enjoy the hopelessness of life. You can gather all you need from the weather report, if you're the only living boy in New York.*
Life's to precious to spend every moment in pursuit. Every sappy second of wasteful, idle, indulgence is worth twenty of the other kind.
That's what I've got to say about waking up late and I'll take this oppurtunity to appologize to every organized and productive person who reads this. I feel privaleged to be the rabble, and when you pass me years from now huddled against a building dying from over-exposure to life any pity will be mutually felt. My lucky lot has been proud observation and recognition and I perch on this edifice of social positioning with a full and completely willful abandon. I consider myself lucky to own the perspective that I do. I suppose if I'm meant to grant advice it is the following: Take up the arms that are comfortable and fight on the hills that seem like home. There's a natural action for each person in each situation so no one should ever feel forced into any situation. Allow yourself to be slid through life by the forces that be and lubricated by your personal essence.

*I stole that from Paul Simon
© Copyright 2005 Boats (boats at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/943838-Waking-Up-at-10-pm