*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/945813-Image-in-a-mirror
Rated: E · Poetry · Women's · #945813
a woman seeing what her life was like. Re-written

As I stand here staring at the image before me.
I no longer see the bruises that I suffered from battered hands. That left behind pain that burns down in my soul. Deep enough that the secret never goes away, as long as there is darkness that lays under my eyes that won't go away. There are there so I will never forget.

Is there an image that I really see,or is there an image I want to see.



As long, as I am alive, I will not for get the burning embers that is the fire deep down inside of me. As I continue to look, I can see a bright new me that warms me with each passing day.

Is there an Image that I really see, or is an image that I want to see.

I still look into the mirror, whom do I see?
Just an older version looking back at me, my hair that was once dark has now turned to gray is coarse and stiff. Wrinkles now showing of time gone by wasted away so many years. What once were small crows feet hanging around are lost now. The frown lines that lay around my mouth came fast with no reason to smile. They could leave this sad face, but deep in my heart I know they are here to stay.

I know that today the are all gone away that the image was just something I wanted to see.
© Copyright 2005 trsgirl (trsgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/945813-Image-in-a-mirror