*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952663-song-of-myself
by dela
Rated: E · Other · Other · #952663
we had to write this peom in english after reading the orignal poem song of myself
Song of Myself

It's hard to describe me.
To some, just another person.
To others, I'm a soul waiting to be explored.
Everyday I see another person lost in a world we call life.
Another person putting on a act, hoping to hide the scars of the endless remarks.
Don't you see words hurt .
There like a knife , they cut deep cuts into someone soul.
You may think "my remarks are not physical , the person does not bleed."
But you forget a soul bleeds with every cut, lash,snipe or laugh.
Your judging is just a cover up.
To scared to be yourself.
Do your snotty remarks make you feel whole or just a little more empty?
Another day goes by, an the void in my heart grows to see this .
I see young children.
There innocence flows through there eyes .
I want to run to them and whisper " Don't believe the lies."
Our world spends its time distroying our children's innoscense and there young minds.
Soon they will be adults lost in the world, forgetting good and stuck in lies.
To deep to get out.
Instead of feeling there precious minds with riches of knowledge and love.
Here comes the greed,corruption and all of the sins of the world.
Another generation is lost.
I look at my T.V.
Not a day goes by without a story of violence.
A war breaks loose, a sucide bomb goes off in a crowded restaurant, another child is shot.
Where fighting for peace but what is peace.
Our world has never known full peace to be able to fight for it.
Where spending precious lives to be able to have something, no one has ever known or will know .
I'm swinging on a swing. A part of me wants to let go and fly.
I feel like a bird because at any moment I can take off flying. But my wings are to heavy for takeoff .
To scared to be another lost soul in a world full of lost innocence. But I know I have to shake off the weight and fly into the world to meet my destiny.
-Adela Tamayo-
© Copyright 2005 dela (dela04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952663-song-of-myself