*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953853-View-From-Heaven
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fanfiction · #953853
Lily & Maya meet the men of their dreams, what happens when it all comes crashing down?
Summary: Lily and Maya are just your normal girls until one day they meet the men of their dreams, but what happens when one day it all comes crashing down and how will they cope?

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the GC or Mest guys. I do own Lily and Maya and any other original characters.

View From Heaven

Ch.1

Lily and Maya were your normal 19-year-olds who are freshman at the University of Maryland. They were cousins and best friends and shared a small house. Their families lived in Kansas but they wanted to start somewhere new.
It’s now April and they are almost done with their first year of college so they decided to go out to a small club and check out some new band. They were just going out to have a little fun; they never expected what would happen after that night.
The two girls had gotten to the club and were sitting at a table while watching the first band of the night finish their set. Everyone in the club seemed to be buzzing about the band that was coming on next, Good Charlotte. Neither Lily nor Maya had heard of them, but figured they must be good.
.:Lily’s POV:.
“I hope these next guys are good. Everyone seems excited,” Maya said.
“I know, I can’t wait. Maybe they’ll be the next big thing and we can brag that we saw them way back when, when nobody had heard of them,” I said.
“Yeah, that’d be kinda cool,” Maya said as the band came on stage.
“Hey, everyone. What’s up? We’re Good Charlotte,” the lead singer said stepping up to the mic.
They started their first song and so far they sounded pretty good.
“I kinda like this song,” Maya said.
“Me too and I kinda like the lead singer,” I said.
“Haha, you’re funny. I kinda like the guitar player with the little patch of hot pink in his hair.”
“Him and the singer kinda look alike, maybe their brothers or twins. That would be cool.”
“Hmmm, I bet you’re right,” Maya said.
The guys finished their song and the lead singer started talking to the crowd again.
“Hey, everyone. I’m gonna introduce our band. I’m Joel, over there on guitar is my brother Benji, the other guitar is Billy, on bass is Paul, and back there on drums is Chris. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of our set,” he said as they started their next song.
Hmmm, Joel, I like that name, I thought once he had introduced the band. “Maya, I was right they are brothers.”
“Yep, you nailed it on the head,” she said smiling at me.
We watched the rest of the show. It was really good, I was sad when it was over because I was enjoying myself. Maya and I were walking to the bathrooms at the back of the club when someone bumped into me.
“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said.
“It’s ok. Hey aren’t you in the band?” I asked.
“Yeah, I’m Joel.”
“I’m Lily,” I said as we shook hands. I was about to introduce Maya but I noticed she wasn’t next to me, oh well, we’d find each other later.
“Did you enjoy the show?” he asked.
“Yeah, it was great. I’ve never been to one of your shows before.”
“I’m glad you enjoyed it. Me and the guys and a couple of our friends are hanging out backstage, you wanna come?”
“Um, yeah, sure. Can my cousin come too?” I asked.
“Sure, why not?”
“Great, come with me to find her please?”
“Yeah, let’s go,” he said as I grabbed his hand so I wouldn’t lose him. “By the way, how old are you two?”
“We’re both 19, you?”
“I’m 20.”
“Cool.”
We wandered around for a few minutes and I finally spotted her and we walked over to her.
“Hey Maya, this is Joel. Joel, this my cousin Maya.” They exchanged ‘hellos’ with one another. “Joel invited us to hang backstage with him and the guys, wanna go?”
“Yeah let’s go,” she said.
We got backstage and met the rest of the guys and their friends. They were all really nice. Maya and Benji hit it off and spent most of the night talking to each other and occasionally joining the group conversation. But I guess I shouldn’t talk, Joel and I did the same thing. At the end of the night Joel and I exchanged numbers and he said he would call me.
And two days later, the phone is ringing and I recognize his number on the Caller I.D.
“Hello?”
“Hi, is this Lily?”
“Yes,” I say, trying to act like I didn’t know it was him.
“Hey, this is Joel, from the club the other night.”
“Yeah, I remember you.”
“Good, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me sometime.”
“Yeah, when?” I ask.
“Um, how about Saturday night?”
“Sounds good.”
“Ok, I’ll pick you up at 7.”
“Ok,” I said and gave him directions to our house.
“Benji wants to know if Maya is there,” he asked.
“Um, yeah she’s here.”
“Ok, he wants to talk to her. I’ll see you on Saturday, bye.”
“Yeah, bye,” I said giving the phone to Maya. “Benji wants to talk to you.”
“Alright, I thought you were talking to Joel.”
“I was, but he said Benji wanted to talk to you.”
“Ok,” she said. “Hello?”
“Hi, Maya?”
“Yeah, what’s up?” she asked.
“Not much, I wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me this weekend?”
“Um, no.”
“What? Why not? I thought we had a good night at the club.”
“Yeah, we did. But you didn’t even bother to really call me. You waited till your brother called my cousin and then you decide since you have us on the phone, why not ask her out now? No, if you really want to ask me out, call me yourself,” Maya said hanging up the phone. All I could do was stare at her.
“What? I don’t want to get secondhand phone calls. If he really wants to date me, he’ll call me himself.”
“Ok, I agree with you,” I said as the phone rang again.
“Hello?” Maya asks.
“Maya?”
“Yep.”
“I’m sorry. I’ve called you now. Will you go out with me this weekend?” Benji asked.
“Yes, Benji, I’ll go out with you.”
“Good, Saturday night at 8?” he says.
“Yeah, sounds good.”
“Great, is it alright if I just have Joel give me the directions to your place?”
“Yeah, see ya then, bye.”
“Bye.”
“Yay! Benji and I are going out on Saturday!”
“Good, so are Joel and I. I can’t wait. I already like him a lot.” I said.
All we had to do now was go to class and work and wait for Saturday to come so we could go out on our dates with the Madden twins.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and want to find out what happens next. Please leave a comment.
© Copyright 2005 miss_ashley (miss_ashley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953853-View-From-Heaven