*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/961318-A-Pirates-Journey-Part-2
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #961318
Part 2 of a make-believe pirate's journal
A Pirate's Journey part 2
by Ryan Zabel - 5th grade

(from part 1)
Day 9 - November 5, 1613

It's the seventh day at sea. We haven't seen land for hours. We've discovered a problem: It's the mast; it's leaning. If someone doesn't find a way to fix it, this ship might not stay afloat. The problem was discovered when someone walked by and noticed it wasn't straight.

If someone doesn't act fast, the mast might fall and kill a lot of us.

(part 2 starts)
Day 10 - November 6, 1613

There's a storm brewing just ahead, and we've sighted another ship. What's bad about that is the King of France wasn't arranging any other voyages.

The ship's nearing us, and I say we should be the second to fire.

We've hit the storm, and the other ship is in range. Out of the blue, a cannon ball is hurled toward us.

I yell, "Man your battle stations!"

The men reply, "Ready, sir!"

I yell, "Fire!"

All their sails go down, and our other cannons aim at other parts of their ship. They get three under-water hits at the same place in our ship before they go down. Our carpenters go traight to work. The damage is temporarily fixed.


Day 11 - November 7, 1613

Today we spotted antoher island, and friendly Indians rowed out to greet us. We landed on the new island and claimed it for France. Before returning to the ship, we cut down a tree.

Back on the ship we repaired both the hole in the ship and the mast.

Everyone on board is very festive and joyous except for one person. The helmsman is very quiet and sullen. Usually he's the most festive of all. Something doesn't seem right.


Day 12 - November 8, 1613

Today we found several shipwreaks ona coral reef and sent people to investigate. They reported gold and silver and other goods on the wrecks.

We've taken on extra gun powder, cannonballs, and survivers from the ruined ships.

We're traveling at 15 knots. That's almost a world record!

"Full sails!"

"They already are, sir!"

"Barnacles! Don't slow down!"

We reached the island and are looking for signs of life, and, if we find any, we'll take a translator with us to ask if we can trade for as much cloth as they have made as of this moment. Then we can make an extra sail.

The Indians agreed to let us have what cloth they haven't made into clothes, and before leaving, I claimed the land for France.


Day 13 - November 9, 1613

Today, our last day at sea, we're traveling at record speed. The lookout claims he's seen a sail.

We've come upon the world's second largest and most powerful navy, the Spanish Armada.

In the heat of battle, we sank twenty-three ships. There are only four left; they would be easily annilated. We destroy three of the remining four and send one back to tell the Spanish about the distruction of their armada.

During the evening, all the men join in the dinnery, and I lead them in prayer. After dinner I tell all my men to rest the remainder of the night.

About midnight, feeling nervous and restless, I leave my cabin. I see a shadow moving toward the treasury. I follow the figure, and when he lights a lantern, I see the face of the helmsman. I watch him start stuffing gold coins in his pockets. I immediately tackle him. He pulls his dagger and jabs at me, slicing my arm. My quickness keeps it from entering my chest. I grab a bag of spices and hit him on the head, taking his dagger after he falls to the floor. After binding his hands behind him, I empty his pockets. He spends the rest of the trip in irons in the hold.


Day 14 - November 10, 1613

Today we have spotted land and believe it is France. But, if it is Spain, it will surely be the death of us all.

We've arrived at port and see our families and friends. We head out to greet them. It is a joyous return for us all and our families.

I arrived at the court of King Henry IV and delivered the gold, silver, and other goods. Beneath us in the dungeons, the helmsman was taken to a cell.
© Copyright 2005 Sooner Fan (rszab at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/961318-A-Pirates-Journey-Part-2