*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962927-dolls-part-2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #962927
THis is chapter 2 of my horror story dolls.
Chapter 2:

Joy heard the words but did not comprehend them as a voice..they almost seemed something like an animal noise...she had never heard a vocal range quite like that ever in her life.

"Maggie???," Joy whispered in the dark and she peeked over the blanket she was tightly gripping onto.

Maggie was one of Joy's cats a big black one that was usually very vocal. She started to calm down thinking to herself I'm ok..everything's fine..my cat is here and now I'm fine....

Joy crawled to the end of the bed and peeked over to pick up her cat. It was hard to see in the dark but she thought that she could make out his black shape. She reached down and all the blood seemed to rush out of her head and drop all the way down to her stomach as her fingertips gripped coarse stringy hair..not soft fuzzy cat fur..but DOLL HAIR.

Thoughts started to race through the little girls head..panicked, scattered ones..THATS NOT MAGGIE! ITS A DOLL! BUT WHICH DOLL! I DONT HAVE ANY DOLLS LIKE THAT! NOT ONES WITH COARSE BLACK HAIR! WAIT! IF THAT WASNT MY CAT THAT WAS MAKING THE NOISE WHAT WAS IT! IT COULDNT HAVE BEEN THE DOLL!!!

Exhausted by the realization that she was tricked into thinking that her cat was actually a doll she dropped her heavy head on the bed and fell fast asleep.

The next thing she knew it was morning and her mom was telling her to get up and get dressed for school.
© Copyright 2005 kitychik (kitychik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962927-dolls-part-2