*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/963959-dolls-part-3
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #963959
this is chapter 3 of my story dolls
All day during school the event that had happened the previous night stayed on Joy's mind. She could think of nothing else and found that her hands would start shaking uncontrollably at random times.

When she got home from school she arrived to an empty house as usual. Everyone in the house was always busy and wouldn't be home until about 8 or 9 at night. Feeling afraid, but knowing that she could never ease her mind of the curiousty of what had happened the night before unless she dealt with it, Joy headed towards her bedroom.

Her room was on a shaded side of the house and had only one window so it was dark and shadowy when she peeked in. She flipped the light switch on and took a look around. Joy's room was always spotless and uncluttered-it had to be. She could have it no other way because she always had to see that nothing could be hiding in the room and she liked to know that things were always the way she had left them.

Eveything seemed fine so far as her eyes searched the room. Joy tried to remember where the strange doll was last night when she had mistaken it for her cat Maggie. The previous night seemed like one foggy long dream and she could not recall much. As she walked around the room, it suddenly came to her that the doll had been at the foot of her bed near the closet door.

Her heart starting pounding rapidly as she made her way to the bed so she could peek over the end of it and see if there really was a doll there. Her hands started shaking and getting sweaty. She looked behind her at the open door and thought to herself, what if the door slams shut and I'm trapped in the room with this thing? She quickly went back to the door and put a chair in front of it.

She looked again towards the bed. Joy had to check now or she would never get the courage to look and her peace of mind would never be restored. She ran to the foot of the bed and looked.....NOTHING. Nothing at all. Oh great she thought, now I am going to have to look under the bed and in the closet. She could not however bring herself to do this and instead ran out of her room and went in the kitchen to make herself a snack.

Suddenly she heard a loud THUMP come from the side of her house where her bedroom was. Her stomach sank and she thought THERE IS SOMETHING IN MY ROOM. IT WAS IN THERE WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME IT WAS THE THING IN IT LAST NIGHT AND IT IS THERE AGAIN.

The thump was followed a minute later by a high pitched giggle: hehehe....hehehehehe. Joy could not take the sound of it and bolted out of the kitchen and outside. She swore to herself that she would stay out there and wait until someone got home before she could go back in. There was just no way in hell she could be in that house with that thing.
© Copyright 2005 kitychik (kitychik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/963959-dolls-part-3